Surefire A2 question

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
nascar,
I'd go for one of those. It'd be a little longer than the standard E2e, but the regulated light would be great.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
or how to make a LS work in the A2 in place of the incandescent LA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
chameos,
This concept was visited awhile back. I believe that the problem was that the regulation in the A2 is voltage regualtion and you need current regulation for an LS. I had sent CM a couple of A2's awhile back and he did exploratory surgery on them. I don't think that he pursued it any further though. He had other irons on the fire, so to speak. I would imagine that the voltage regulator could be replaced with a current regulator, but haven't seen it done yet.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know...it would be really nice if it was possible though; then my A2 would be perfect in every aspect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
chamenos,
Did you see the sale on the A2 at Botach? Incredible. I know why we never pursued it. It's because CM and I are both cheap bastages and the A2 will NOT accomodate rechargeables.

You know what, I just may go ahead and buy an A2 and make it one of my near future projects. Although I don't have any technical expertise with circuits, I could probably get away with devising a method of replacing the circuit.

If I can keep my bike running, I shouldn't let this flashlight intimidate me, eh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll be cheering you on! let me know if you come up with something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif