1.8"/46mm Bezel-Down Carry Options?

Al_D

Newly Enlightened
After looking around for quite some time online and in-store I haven't been able to find a satisfactory large bezel-down holster.
I've even checked the small selection of custom leather and kydex builders to no avail.

The largest I've seen so far was a 5.11 ATACs large holster that fits the Maelstrom G5 with its 1.5" bezel-down.

1.8"/46mm bezel (wth 1" body) seems to be quite awkward to find carry options for.
So far, carrying bezel-up has proven to be a little top heavy and obtrustive (Blackhawk CQC, Surefire V70/V85, Safariland) and not ideal.

If anyone knows of a bezel-down option, production (akin to the Blackhawk Night Ops) or custom, I'd love to hear about it. Cant-adjustable preferred, but straight-vertical is just fine.

If all else fails, I'm going to have to order some kydex. ;)

Thanks, in advance, Gents!

- Al

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
After looking around for quite sometime online and in-store I haven't been able to find a satisfactory large bezel-down holster.
I've even checked the small selection of custom leather and kydex builders to no avail.

The largest I've seen so far was a 5.11 ATACs large holster that fits the Maelstrom G5 with it's 1.5" bezel-down.

1.8"/46mm bezel (wth 1" body) seems to be quite awkward to find carry options for.
So far, carrying bezel-up has proven to be a little top heavy (Blackhawk CQC, Surefire V70/V85, Safariland) and not ideal.

If anyone knows of a bezel-down option, production (akin to the Blackhawk Night Ops) or custom, I'd love to hear about it. Cant-adjustable preferred, but straight-vertical is just fine.

If all else fails, I'm going to have to order some kydex.

Thanks, in advance, Gents!

- Al

What light are you asking about?

I have found a RipOffs brand holster for each light I have tried to but I have to pour over the entire line up reading and comparing dimensions to find them.
So far though I always have been able to.

Ed

Al_D

Newly Enlightened
What light are you asking about?

I have found a RipOffs brand holster for each light I have tried to but I have to pour over the entire line up reading and comparing dimensions to find them.
So far though I always have been able to.

Ed

I've not been impressed with RipOffs quality or design. With soft pouches I've got no problem making it myself or repurposing kit from my past rigs. I should have specified a duty rig, rigid holster (as I alluded to when I mentioned the Blackhawk Night Ops and Surefire V85 holsters). The head is protected, the body is secured closed to the head with a strap or friction clip, barrel/body is exposed.

Specifically, the XENO G42/F42.

So far, this is the closest holster to fit my needs: http://www.opticsplanet.com/5-11-tactical-tpt-r5-polymer-holster-53154.html
(overall too big for my needs, retention is far too loose)

Last edited: