Thrunite Ti 60 lumen only (video)

Patient

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I recently purchased about fifteen Thrunite Ti flashlights. Out of the fifteen, only one has given me any problems. The unit appears to have no 3 lumen mode. It will only activate the high mode (60 lumens) no matter what I do. I have an email in with Thrunite, and they asked me to make this video. I suppose it doubles as a "how-to" video on fixing units whose spring contacts have been pressed too hard against the main head contact. This unit, however, appears to have something malfunctioning beyond my repair abilities. Enjoy!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
my ti only had high mode for a while. The solderblob holding the pcb in the brass pill was cracked. It also provides the negative path for the batt. (prob cracked after lots of rebending of the senter spring, and i did put a lot of torque on it when i cracked it open for a 219 led. so i dont blame it).
Only when i tightened it really hard, the negative path was pressed together, and hi mode worked. Some few times i got lo mode if i held it in a certian spot while pushing the head sideways.

Removed the foam and soldered it back down, all the way around. Dont think it will get loose this time. Firefly mode works fine now.

jomox

Newly Enlightened
I've had 12 Ti's, and kept one for me, the other 11 have suffered no problems. However my one has a slight problem. Before when switching modes there use to be a bigger gap in the twisty between high and low, now the gap is very close, almost like both modes are set at the same place. High mode works fine but low mode is hard to get on now as the modes are so close together that low mode don't work all the time, makes it unpredictable.

I have no need for the firefly mode so not a problem, but I guess the price means that there can be problems with the light.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had 12 Ti's, and kept one for me, the other 11 have suffered no problems. However my one has a slight problem. Before when switching modes there use to be a bigger gap in the twisty between high and low, now the gap is very close, almost like both modes are set at the same place. High mode works fine but low mode is hard to get on now as the modes are so close together that low mode don't work all the time, makes it unpredictable.

I have no need for the firefly mode so not a problem, but I guess the price means that there can be problems with the light.
Just bend that center lip out (as shown in the vid) and hi/lo is better spaced with a "longer" lo mode.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot get my head round that people try to fix something themselves when the item comes with a warranty. Why not just send it back for a replacement. :confused:

Patient

Newly Enlightened
Not hearing anything. Does this video have sound?

Bill

No audio, I only made it to demonstrate to Thrunite (per their request) that the unit was malfunctioning. And then when I sent them the link to it, they said they couldn't open it, but that didn't matter. They just now asked if I wanted to return it for a replacement, I'm waiting for them to tell me if I'm going to have to pay shipping. If so, I'll just keep it. If not, I'll return it. I don't expect much from a warranty on a Chinese flashlight I bought for less than $11 (no offense to Thrunite, still good lights).

I cannot get my head round that people try to fix something themselves when the item comes with a warranty. Why not just send it back for a replacement. :confused:

Thrunite sent me a video of how to bend that spring contact back, and asked me to attempt it in order to fix the light. Even though my original email stated I already tried it to no avail. So I had to send them the video to prove I knew what I was doing and I wasn't just jerking their chain.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will cost me atlest 15$ sending it to the us.
Fixing stuff is fun, and you see what the products are made of, and how well made they are.

jomox

Newly Enlightened
No audio, I only made it to demonstrate to Thrunite (per their request) that the unit was malfunctioning. And then when I sent them the link to it, they said they couldn't open it, but that didn't matter. They just now asked if I wanted to return it for a replacement, I'm waiting for them to tell me if I'm going to have to pay shipping. If so, I'll just keep it. If not, I'll return it. I don't expect much from a warranty on a Chinese flashlight I bought for less than $11 (no offense to Thrunite, still good lights).

Thrunite sent me a video of how to bend that spring contact back, and asked me to attempt it in order to fix the light. Even though my original email stated I already tried it to no avail. So I had to send them the video to prove I knew what I was doing and I wasn't just jerking their chain.

Same feelings here. Thanks to this thread I've fixed my problem. It's only a cheap light so sending it back to warranty could end up costing more then actually buying a new one so repairing is the most suitable options.

Grumpy

Enlightened
Out of 16 that I have purchased 4 did not work at all. Put new battery in them and they would not turn on at all.

jomox

Newly Enlightened
Out of 16 that I have purchased 4 did not work at all. Put new battery in them and they would not turn on at all.

Damaged in transit?

My supplier tests all lights before shipping them off. My Ti worked fine at first until encountered the problem mentioned earlier in the thread.

american

Enlightened
Mine did the opposite only low mode worked

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Grumpy

Enlightened
Purchased directly from www.thrunite-store.com and the packaging was not damaged at all. They were not damaged in shipping.

My last purchase was for 5 and 2 of those did not work so I sent them a email and they stated that they would send me 2. That was on Nov. 26th. I just sent them a reminder email just in case they forgot to send them. I am waiting before I post feedback. I was hoping to post positively about them replacing the 2 units but they have yet to arrive.

Last edited:

jomox

Newly Enlightened
It would of been good of them to make sure they all work first? You would of thought anyway, especially coming straight from the Thrunite store.

Dubois

Enlightened
Back in December I had a faulty Ti in a bundle of 5. They sent a replacement very quickly. It was the only problem among the 14 I've got from them (all checked & loaded with lithium primaries before used to fill Xmas stockings).

Patient

Newly Enlightened
After a long series of emails hindered by what can only be described as a 30-ft tall language barrier (or perhaps 30m), Thrunite is sending me a replacement. Thanks to them for taking care of me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The replacement arrived within 3 days & works just fine. In fact I most recently used it for comparison photos when writing my Ti2 review.

Last edited: