Looking forward to tomorrow... one of 4 upcoming lights will be in my possession.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I've currently got 4 lights in my "I want that!" list and tomorrow (X-Mas day) I will recieve one of them as a present.

I'm currently running a Malkoff drop-in (XPG) in a 3D Mag. Tomorrow, I'll take it out and wrap it up for later use if I need a LONG run time. Its getting exchanged out for an XML version. Can't wait. I usually use my Eagletac MCE light for my nightly outdoor jaunts but since my wife has pretty much commandeered it, this will be my go-to light.

Quite excited as only fellow flashaholics can understand.

Near future (hopefully) will be two Zebralights. One being an SC600 MKII that will take over as my EDC light from a current Quark Tactical 2AA in warm tint. The second will be the 3XML light. It won't be taking the place of, but supplementing my TK70. I'll keep the TK for my long range duties and use my Zebra for when I need a LOT of light while hiking or camping.

Last light that I am looking forward to is the Nitecore MT25 (think I have the number right) that is the 860 lumen light with the built in charger. It will take over for my Maelstrom G5 as my on-belt work light.

Now, if only I could find a good way to recycle all my old lights somehow. I guess I could gift them but I wouldn't know who to give them too. Especially the 18650 lights.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Just recieved the new Malkoff XML drop in. I love it. Now, I just have to do that long wait for dark to come.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Onthelightside

Enlightened
Now, if only I could find a good way to recycle all my old lights somehow. I guess I could gift them but I wouldn't know who to give them too. Especially the 18650 lights.

If you don't mind waiting a year you could donate them to CPF for the Christmas giveaway for CPF members who can't afford high end lights.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I am going to attempt to sell them to pay for the new lights. I am pretty broke myself. I just have a bad habit of not prioritizing my purchases.

If I don't get them sold then I'll very much consider donating them to CPF for that purpose.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Doesn't go in this sub forum but it's my thread so...

Also got this a few minutes ago. Should compliment my Pila well.

zubaby6u.jpg

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk 2.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Just wanted to add that last night I took the XML Malkoff drop in out on the road to try a few different fields to see what kind of throw it would get. I was impressed as I had read that it wouldn't be useable as far as my XPG drop in.

With the beam focused out as wide as I could get it without the donut hole, the furtherest I could see and still have useable light was about 240 yards. A low contrast subject (like a deer) would have been hard to spot but if it were moving, I would have known it.

Considering that from my house the tree line lies roughly 50 yards away in all directions but one, then this light is perfect for my nightly ventures into the yard.