Easy Streamlight Stylus Pro and Microstream customization

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The popular Streamlight Stylus Pro 2AAA penlight is a good performer. Here are a couple of changes I made to my C4 version which make it easier to use.

The barrel has no knurling and slipped through my hands when pressing the tailcap switch. To make the light easier to grip, I installed a segment of heat shrink tubing over a layer of adhesive backed Velcro strip on the battery tube. You could use some grip type tape instead, but these are the materials I had on hand.

My most frequent use of the Stylus Pro is for momentary illumination. The rubber boot covering the tail switch on my light is stiff. I made the switch more sensitive to require less finger pressure to operate momentarily.

I used a hole punch to create a small, circular pad of rubber from a bicycle inner tube. The rubber pad was then used as a shim and installed inside the rubber boot.

The switch customization applies to the C4 version Streamlight Microstream, too.

stylus-pro-mod1.jpg

stylus-pro-mod2.jpg

Kestrel

Flashaholic
[...]
My most frequent use of the Stylus Pro is for momentary illumination. The rubber boot covering the tail switch on my light is stiff. I made the switch more sensitive to require less finger pressure to operate momentarily.
[...]
stylus-pro-mod2.jpg

I like that one. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ozner1991

Enlightened
+1 for the tailcap shim, made operating the newer generation stylus and microstream so much easier

turkeylord

Enlightened
This would be a definite improvement on my shim made out of peices of post-it, lol...

tam17

Enlightened
Nice mod and cool images (flatbed scanner, right?) :)

Cheers