Eagletac D25C2 clicky - how to get moonlight mode?

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
So I read the instructions and I even watched YouTube videos of people doing with other eagletac lights. But try as I might, loosening and tightening the head does not change my group 1 output. Please help. Mine is an XM-L version.

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
I've been messing with my d25A clicky today. To do it on mine ... start with light off. Lossen head. Turn light on. While light is still on, tighten and loosen head 3 times (quickly) flashing it into turbo mode. When you are finished, you should be on the lower output.

Best of luck. I love mine so far.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Ironically, the idea of a clicky is to avoid needing to twist to get settings.

:D

sigh

So far, this UI is a looser.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually thought I was having the same problem but then I realizes it was in fact switching and I just did not see it?
Depending on what I shot the beam at while watching it I thought it had not switched but when I shot it onto a wall a few feet away I could clearly see the difference.

Maybe you are doing the same?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ironically, the idea of a clicky is to avoid needing to twist to get settings.

:D

sigh

So far, this UI is a looser.

Have you even used one of these or are you just opining?

The UI really is not too bad and as far as I know is one of the few that even offers 2 different series of output levels depending on the settings that you prefer.

It does have some other strange features I think but I only think this after using one for a while,otherwise this is a pretty solid little light.

jomox

Newly Enlightened
Is the D25C2 UI the same as the D25A2 ? (If not then I can't help) never researched the C2 and don't know anything about it, but I have the D25A2 and know the UI.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
I actually thought I was having the same problem but then I realizes it was in fact switching and I just did not see it?
Depending on what I shot the beam at while watching it I thought it had not switched but when I shot it onto a wall a few feet away I could clearly see the difference.

Maybe you are doing the same?

i was thinking that too but is the difference really minor then? Also, with moonlight enabled, does group 1 now have four modes or still three?

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Nope, definitely not changing at all. I'm getting nothing. I'm using non-rechargeable CR123As of Surefire brand, if that matters. Strange.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

Essentially, if you can't figure out how to use the light, the UI is a loser.

It should be fairly intuitive. If you need to do more than 1-2 steps to get anywhere you need to be...its typically too complicated.

If a light is programmable, but is set and forget....so at least once you spend the time setting it up, it will at least hold those settings forever, through cell swaps, storage, etc....that's fine IMHO, but, for daily use, the UI should be able to ideally get you what you wanted in one operation, with 1-2 being a goal. 3 operations should be an absolute maximum...and they should be intuitive.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was thinking that too but is the difference really minor then? Also, with moonlight enabled, does group 1 now have four modes or still three?

This may be the issue?
You still get 3 modes but they are each lower than in the other group. The lowest is just called the Moonlught now.
I find it is much lower when beamed on a wall even 4 feet away but when shined on my hand I really could not tell the difference until I had seen it on the wall to know for sure.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

I have seen a LOT of people who think the lowest setting is "Broken" because some of the moonlight/firefly modes are SO low, you can't tell that the LED is glowing unless its pitch black out AND your eyes are night adapted.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
That and the fact that the manual is typical and impossible to fully understand what they are talking about?
Instead of calling it Moonlight they should really just say that there are 2 different lines of 3 levels each.
What we are talking about here is switching between the 2 lines from the higher output line to the lower output line which of course then has the lowest output low as well.

I think overall though that this is a great feature as opposed to getting just 3 outputs as we do with most lights.
Evidently many others feel this way too as this is a popular light.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
This may be the issue?
You still get 3 modes but they are each lower than in the other group. The lowest is just called the Moonlught now.
I find it is much lower when beamed on a wall even 4 feet away but when shined on my hand I really could not tell the difference until I had seen it on the wall to know for sure.

I wish it was. I get no change. I'll keep trying.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Maybe I see it now. The difference is so small though that I wonder why they even bothered. Still like the light though. I just really wanted a moonlight mode like on the thrunites.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I see it now. The difference is so small though that I wonder why they even bothered. Still like the light though. I just really wanted a moonlight mode like on the thrunites.

I have done it on mine this morning a few times just so I can tell you it is pretty big really on mine.
I just couldn't see the difference until I beamed it on a wall.

I just got mine too and it has a defective head out of the box,it flickers on one setting maybe yours is bad too?

Last edited:

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
I done it on mine this morning a few times just so I can tell you it is pretty big really on mine.
I just couldn't see the difference until I beamed it on a wall.

I just got mine too and it has a defective head out of the box,it flickers on one setting maybe yours is bad too?

How is the moonlight? Real low? On my thrunites it's so low I couldn't tell it was on unless it was dark. Love that.

It might be defective but I'm going to keep it. Everything else works fine.