anyone know what model inova this is

pacsguy

Newly Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
They cant be dissassembled, normally. However, you can, At your own risk and possible light destruction, freeze pop it. Fill the body with water, freeze it, and the expansion of the water will pop the head.

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
I bought several of these lights around 2006 - 2007 still have 1. Parnass is correct.
It's the trios system which were also made in the T4 rechargeable. As they changed over the years
they got away from Trios and went with an emitter which can be serviced if needed.
These are great light lights for the money.
As far as fixing the light.... I don't know they were never really meant to be taken apart
they also didn't cost much.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a T2 or T3 - depends on batteries.

You can open it by freeze pop - how to has already been mentionned.
BUT
by doing this You will definitly damage the interiors, else the "dirver", or the Led (stuck in the optic), or both will be killed
(I have opened a few by this method and none survived unharmed)

Unfortunately they dont offer enought space for serious, useful modding (= change everything to have them run with 18xxx Li-Ions)
but when sparing the opics - which I dont like - then it might be possible.
What mod are You thinking of?

PS, a hint: freeze-pop needs SOME "cylces" (fill with water, put in freezer, open, fill with water, put in freezer, ...)
the very 1st ones no necessarily do anything, but when the metal starts to move out, usually the next 2nd one opens it.
--> try it without water, a few freezings + defreezings.
Because I am not sure if it might not be the "change" of the freeze temp alone to have the bezel move.
And when it moves, try to open it by moderate force