Novatac warranty service

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Hey guys,
I have a Novatac Classic that has a parasitic drain issue. The telephone number on their website is no longer in service. There was a thread a while ago listing a company that honors Novatac warranties but I could not find it after extensive searching. If anyone has that info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Thank you AILL. I actually did finally track down that information. I corresponded with a man named Jeffrey Summit. I mailed the light back to him yesterday. I will post back when the matter is resolved.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Well, I got the light back yesterday with a note saying they replaced the "electronic module". Everything seems to be working fine but only time will tell with parasitic drain. Overall very happy with the customer service provided by Jeffrey Summit. Not happy that one has to be an amatuer slooth to be able to take advantage of the warranty. If I didn't belong to this forum I would have never known about LumeWay. Not a good indication of the future of Novatac as far as I'm concerned.

Damo14

Newly Enlightened
Well, I got the light back yesterday with a note saying they replaced the "electronic module". Everything seems to be working fine but only time will tell with parasitic drain. Overall very happy with the customer service provided by Jeffrey Summit. Not happy that one has to be an amatuer slooth to be able to take advantage of the warranty. If I didn't belong to this forum I would have never known about LumeWay. Not a good indication of the future of Novatac as far as I'm concerned.

Hello Flashlight Nut and All Others,
I recently purchased a brand-new Novatac 120T tactical LED flashlight, Gun Color through Amozan.com. This is for my everyday carry. After about a week or so with no issues the light suddenly dimmed once or twice when I would turn on the light. I changed out the battery but it still did the same thing. Well, right after that test, the light wouldnt come on at all. I tried to go to the Novatac website but all that comes up is a page and it reads "This Account Has Been Suspended". I've been serching for a lead(s) to find out what my options are and I came across your threads about the Novatac Warrany. I see that you had success in contacting LumeWay. plus, you had a direct person of contact, Jeffrey Summit. Could you be kind enough to forward me any information that would assist me resolving/contacting the right person(s) at LumeWay. Thank you very much!!

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Well, here's an update. After receiving the light, I put fresh batteries in it and it worked fine. About 4 weeks later I turned the light on, it blinked dimmly and shut off. Even after I put fresh batteries in the light it blinked dimmly and shut off. Back to Lumeway it went. I just received the light back 2 days ago with a note saying it was cleaned, "re-tuned" and passed all test. I put fresh Duracells in it and the light immediatly stepped down considerably. To make sure my batteries weren't depleted, I went to the store and purchased new Duracells. Upon inserting the new batteries the light still stepped down immediately upon turning it on. The light only seemed to work properly when I put Lithium AA's in it. I emailed Mr. Summit again expressing my dissatisfaction and requesting a new light. Needless to say I'm aggravated. Awaiting his reply.

Also, in response to my inquery, Mr. Summit informed me that Novatac, as a business, no longer exist. Lumeway licensed the brand from Novatac prior to their closure.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Hello Flashlight Nut and All Others,
I recently purchased a brand-new Novatac 120T tactical LED flashlight, Gun Color through Amozan.com. This is for my everyday carry. After about a week or so with no issues the light suddenly dimmed once or twice when I would turn on the light. I changed out the battery but it still did the same thing. Well, right after that test, the light wouldnt come on at all. I tried to go to the Novatac website but all that comes up is a page and it reads "This Account Has Been Suspended". I've been serching for a lead(s) to find out what my options are and I came across your threads about the Novatac Warrany. I see that you had success in contacting LumeWay. plus, you had a direct person of contact, Jeffrey Summit. Could you be kind enough to forward me any information that would assist me resolving/contacting the right person(s) at LumeWay. Thank you very much!!

Hello Damo14. Since you only have 1 post I can't PM you. Just go to LumeWay.com and email them through their contact link. There is nothing on the site that even mentions Novatac but it is the correct site. Good luck. Let me know if I can help but I don't seem to be faring well at this point.

redryder

Enlightened
Hello Damo14. Since you only have 1 post I can't PM you. Just go to LumeWay.com and email them through their contact link. There is nothing on the site that even mentions Novatac but it is the correct site. Good luck. Let me know if I can help but I don't seem to be faring well at this point.

I had a problem with my Novatac 85P. I contacted Jeff at Lumeway. He emailed me back telling me to clean and lube the light. I tried that and it didn't work. I emailed Jeff again but he never responded back. I tried to email him several more times but I haven't gotten a response back. I wonder if he's ignoring me. Does anyone have any other contact info for Novatac service?
BTW, I think the button(flush) is the problem. Does anyone know if the button can be serviced or where to purchase a new tailcap? Thanks

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Last update. I finally spoke to Jeffrey Summit today. Apparently LumeWay is not obligated to honor Novatac's warranty. They do not have stock to replace defective flashlights. Even though they are still selling these flashlights with the warranty still printed on the package, it is not worth the paper it is printed on. Something is very wrong about this. I was told LumeWay is not profiting from the continued sale of these lights, which is hard to believe. Many people are still purchasing these lights unaware that the warranty is null and void. A big thumbs down for LumeWay. If someone has any other information I would be interested in hearing it.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
I also contacted Mr. Summit for a parasitic drain problem on a US Made 120T. His first response was the "cleaning" procedure. When that failed he advised they no longer serviced these lights. Major thumbs down for not stating up front that he would not do anything about the problem.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a long time NovaTac owner (from the original release), I can tell you that keeping ALL the electrical contact points clean and secure is paramount for proper functioning of the light. I kept having intermittent issues with my 120P for months until I finally figured out that it simply needed a good cleaning and "tightening".

First, be sure that both of the slim sliver retaining rings are tight. There is one is in the head, and one in the tail cap. You can use needle nose pliers or tweezers to grip the small indents across from each other and twist clockwise to tighten. Next use some contact cleaner on a Q-tip and carefully clean the battery contact points in the head and in the tail cap. When you clean the head, hold it up so that no cleaner drips down inside the electronics. Also, make sure you don't leave any Q-tip fuzz behind. Might as well clean the contact points on the battery while you're at it.

Next, make sure your spring is long enough. Don't pull it, as that will make it narrower, but rather "unwind" it just a tiny bit, then clean both ends of the spring. Now, using a clean Q-tip and contact cleaner, clean the areas in the head and the tail where the spring makes contact. Finally, clean both ends of the battery tube.

Next, secure the battery tube to the head and make sure it is secured tightly. Finally, Insert your battery with the spring and secure the tail cap, making sure it's tight as well.

I was having all kinds of weird issues, and this simple procedure cured them all, and with periodic maintenance has kept the light running great all these years. Good luck!

gunnertwo

Newly Enlightened
After using the search and finding this thread it appears my Novatac is toast. Might the list have suggestions for a similar size FL with the clip at the head? It was so easy to put the light on the brim of my ballcap at night when I need one. Thanks.

G2