Reputable sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esmarkey

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have read in many ads for sellers that "you don't have to wait for over a month for our lights". My question is: do the far East sellers really take that long to ship to the US? Are there sellers that are better than others? Are the sellers that I see in the ads on the forum usually good?

Thanks in advance, Eric

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
At tihs point, air transit time from the Far East (China/Hong Kong) is about 2 weeks for air mail. Just about all reputable dealers ship using some sort of tracking, so you can see when the item was shipped as well as when it hits the USA. So if you are in the USA, I'd say it is pretty rare for transit times to get up to a month from China/Hong Kong.

The sellers in the Far East are typically less expensive, however if you have a problem (frankly not very likely), the cost of return shipping, and the delay in replacement is a major nuisance. If there were serious problems with anyone who advertised on these forums, it would show up here. I can only think of 1 advertiser in the time I have been here (which has been quite a while) that had serious customer relations problems , and they weren't advertisers here for very long. This is a fairly vocal community when it comes to problems with suppliers.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Discussions of/with dealers should be conducted in the Dealers Corner and the Manufacturers Corner of the MarketPlace. - Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.