Smallest Nimh charger?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I'm looking for a portable option to charge a few eneloops. So far I've looked at the apple battery charger. Is this the smallest/best option? Am I missing any hidden gems of a charger?

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep an eye out for a Panasonic BQ-321. I think they are discontinued but if you happen to find one they are a great small charger. It's my favorite everyday and travel charger right now.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will any Nimh charger charge eneloops? I have an eneloop charger, and notice it won't charge my old Sanyo batteries.
I found a Panasonic BQ 321 charger on ebay if you are interested. I have a Panasonic BQ 345 charger.
Thanks,
Jerry

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will any Nimh charger charge eneloops? I have an eneloop charger, and notice it won't charge my old Sanyo batteries.
I found a Panasonic BQ 321 charger on ebay if you are interested. I have a Panasonic BQ 345 charger.
Thanks,
Jerry

Some of the better chargers have a bad battery detection circuit. This is primarily intended to prevent the accidental charging of alkaline batteries, but it will also cause some old and faded NiMH batteries to be rejected if they have a high internal resistance.

Pretty much any NiMH charger will charge good batteries like Eneloops, but in some cases a bad charger may torture a good battery and shorten its life.