Extreme test of Terralux LightStar300

alatpetualang

Newly Enlightened
Hi, members of CPF. I am Sutjipto, a flashaholic from Bekasi, Indonesia. I was a member of CPF with username of sutjipto88 before CPF server crashed.

Several months ago, I conducted several extreme test on Terralux LightStar300.

Terralux LightStar300 Packaging
xf7qfc.jpg

Terralux LightStar300 arrived in a plastic blister complete with 2 AA alkaline batteries ready for action.

SUBMERSIBLE TEST
2ypdymf.jpg

Terralux and its companion Fenix E21 are submersed into water.. Both flashlights passed the test successfully.

DROP TEST
2evc043.jpg

Terralux is impact resistant from height of 1.5 m.. After 3 drops, X brand flashlight has a broken reflector while Terralux's reflector stays intact.

CRUSH TEST
21oxx4w.jpg

htxt82.jpg

Terralux was run over by Daihatsu Terios a 1600 kg SUV. Please notice that Terralux lens and reflector are OK. :thumbsup:

FROZEN TEST
35jmghx.jpg

I submersed Terralux and put it into freezer (low mode 100 Lumen can stay on for 24 hours using a set of 2 AA alkaline batteries).. Enough time for making an ice block. :laughing:

BOILING TEST
2mexp9h.jpg

Terralux was submersed into boiling water.. :twothumbs

TAIL STANDING
qnqjvk.jpg

Terralux can tail stand.. Ceiling bounce is one of my favourite method of using flashlight.

2u6hbow.jpg

Test proven Terralux and still functions perfectly.

I do not own a digital SLR camera, so I cannot post a good beamshot.. All I can say is.. High mode of 300 LED Lumen is brighter than standard motorcycle headlight.

Pro:
* Easily available AA batteries
* Strong body construction
* Can tail stand
* Flood beam pattern thanks to orange peel reflector, excellent for close work
* Anti-roll body design
* Detachable pocket clip
* Reasonable runtime:
Low mode (100 LED Lumen) 24 hours
High mode (300 LED Lumen) 3 hours
* Recessed clickie prevents accidental activation

Con:
* No lock out feature
* Lens without AR coating

Hope you enjoy reading this review.. Thanks :)

Sorry for the watermark on the photos.. I sell flashlights in Indonesia (hobby turns into small business ;)) and that's how I protect copyright of my photos. Thanks.

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited:

alatpetualang

Newly Enlightened
ruv87t.jpg

A friend of mine, Mrs. Camelia from Surabaya, also conducted a crush test out of curiosity.. :laughing:
She run over the flashlight with her Toyota Rush.

5vdfn8.jpg

Body of the flashlight after being run over by Toyota Rush. Only several minor scratches. :twothumbs

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I had a Terralux Lightstar 80 and I can testify that it had a very strong body. I really don't need another light but my previous experience with Terralux says that I'd love to have a Lightstar 300 too. Thanks for these attracting tests. We get many lights but all we need is a light we can trust and that uses regular batteries for those emergency situations. I guess this will make a great backpackers light.