Tigerlight or Elektrolumens 3x3w?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a diehard fan of LED lights. I love their color and their instantaneous strike to produce light. While i also love my Tigerlight for its sheer compactness, throw, and power, i have grown so accustmed to my Arc LS, Surefire L4, and UKE Light Cannon, that i've been slowly phasing out all my incandescent lights. The Tigerlight and my LSI spotlight are currently the only incandescent lights that i own now. Sooner or later i'll be wanting to replace my trusty spotlight (one of my first flashlights) with an HID spotlight.

After seeing S4MadMan's comparison pictures of the 3x3w TriStar and the Streamlight SL20x, i've been wondering if the TriStar would be a good replacement for the Tigerlight. I know that i will losing some (a lot of) throw with the TriStar, but i think the wall of light and the color it outputs is a good trade-off. It sure looks like the TriStar stomps the Streamlight SL20x in light output and sincethe SL20x and the Tigerlight both use a 10W lamp, do you think that this would be a fair comparison in overall output?

What do you think. I'm thinking about selling my Tigerlight FBOP to purchase a TriStar 3W.