Trying to modify Mini Mag LED Pro to use Nite Ize IQ Switch....... Any Ideas???

Out The Front

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 mini mag led flashlights, 2AA & 3AA. The 2AA is a pure MM LED Pro with no alterations. The 3AA came w/ their standard LED for that model. I removed it and replaced it with the emitter from another MM LED Pro. I would like to modify one of them to use the Nite Ize IQ Switch (5 Modes). or perhaps i can use the parts to make a simple on/ off clicky. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, this is my first post, i have been searching the web all night/ morning for info on this topic and have found nothing. If this doesnt belong here i apologize.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIt'll have to be the MMLED Pro. The 3AA is a bit more voltage than the IQ can take. It works, but, every time that little red beacon light blinks so does the main LED.

To get it to work on the MMLED Pro you'll need to get continuity somehow. The incandescent MMs make contact through the threads while the newer ones have anodized threads and the very end of the body tube is bare aluminum. The IQ switch has bare aluminum threads and the area where the MMLED Pro makes contact it's anodized so it won't make a connection. You'll need to carefully remove the anodizing in the contact area for it to work.