FENIX TK11 PROBLEM

SNAKE EYES

Newly Enlightened
My TK11 has just stopped working. I have been using Ultrafire 16340 880mAh 3.6v batteries with good results for a few months. Now the light will not turn on.

It does light up when I first engage the tailcap, and if I carefully hang it by one thread, the clicky switch functions properly. But, after I screw the cap on a little more, the light does not work. When the tailcap is all the way on, the light does not work.

This behavior is consistent using fresh CR123 cells or the 16340's.
All batteries show good charge when measured.

Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks.

SNAKE EYES

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked to make sure the clickie in the tail cap is tight?

Thanks Hero and Zero!
Looks like some kind of a pin wrench is used. I managed to test the tightness by loosening the ring, then tightening with a pokey thing. When re-tightening I might have got it to turn an extra teensy bit, maybe a 1/32 of a turn.

And now it's working!

SNAKE EYES

Newly Enlightened
Oops...spoke too soon.
Just pushed the clicky button and the light didn't work.
Took the tailcap apart, and the pieces dropped out, and I am not sure what order they go back in!
I tried 2 or 3 variations, but the light won't work.
Maybe the clicky itself is bad, but I won't know without a proper reassembly order...

Thanks again for your patience with the unilluminated.

clickyparts_zps94e55487.jpg
:oops:

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Ok, put the tail boot in (the rubber thingy) then the washers, then the clicky itself, and finally the retaining ring.

Let me know if that doesn't work:)

SNAKE EYES

Newly Enlightened
firelord, thanks for the advice.
I tried that, and every variation I could think of, there aren't many really.
I am pretty sure that the metal washer fell out of the tail cap immediately after I removed the retaining ring, and before the clicky switch itself came out.
The plastic ring...hmmm. I am just not sure when it appeared in the dis-assembly sequence.

But, after several failed experiments, the light seems to be working, and I am pretty sure that the clicky is not broken!
The plastic ring is behind the clicky, and the metal ring in front.
(The light also works without the metal ring anywhere....)

All I can figure is that the Hero and Zero were right on, and the retaining ring is the key factor.
I am using a metal pick to tighten and loosen it, so, perhaps my torque specs are variable!

So far so good.

Thanks again

SNAKE EYES

Newly Enlightened
OK, thanks to everyone for your time, but I think I figured out the problem and feel a little stoopid...
The anti-roll thingie has some threaded space and it was backed towards the endcap which didn't allow the cap to fully seat!
I think that is all there is to this issue!
Just wanted to post this so somebody else might solve a problem before their hair turns gray!

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Isn't the TK11 designed to run on 1x18650 or 2x cr123 (3v)? Not designed to run on 2x rcr123 (3.7v) although clearly it will but definitely not designed that way.