**NEW** ThruNite Saber 1A, 1C (XP-G2)

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

:drool:

Thrunite Saber 1A (1xAA/14500, XP-G2) is an update of the Thrunite T10 (1xAA, XP-G R5):
saber1amedium.jpg

Thrunite Saber 1C (1xCR123A/16340, XP-G2) is an update of the Thrunite T20 (1xCR123A, XP-G R5):
saber1csmall.jpg

Now tell me how aroused you are and i am going to believe you!! :D

jomox

Newly Enlightened
Looks nice! I have a T10 so would be interested how much improved the 1A is.

pinetree89

Enlightened
I just picked up a Thrunite Saber 1C today via Ebay. I was so impressed with my Saber 1A I thought I'd try one of these out.

Here are my impressions:

Positive:
Anno is excellent
Knurling is very well done, not too sharp, but aggressive enough to get the job done
Tint of the XP-G2 is a very pleasing cool white, with no hints of green.
Has what seems to be a substantial brass pill in the head which should help with cooling.
The box states that it can be used with RCR123/16340 LiCo batteries, although the manual states it's not recommended due to heat.
Reported outputs are 251Lumens --> 1.8hrs , 22Lumens --> 13hrs , .09Lumens -->195hrs
Reported max intensity = 2925cd

Negatives:
It's a battery crusher design. I was disappointed to see this as I'm not a huge fan of crushers, although they do work. My Saber 1A was a spring design so I assumed this one would be too, but I guess not. It uses a foam ring on the head to push the battery off the positive contact, similar to a Thrunite Ti or a P0. I wonder if the older T20 was a crusher too?
The included extra O rings were about 1/2 the diameter of the head. I guess it's a real stretch fit if you have to replace these, although they do some rather thick.

So there you have it. For less than $30USD I'd say it's a pretty good light with current regulation, tail standing ability, moon mode, XP-G2 emitter, and last mode memory. Overall though in my opinion the Saber 1A has it beat just for the reason it uses a spring design for the battery. If FourSevens or Olight could do a little better on their anodization, and ditch the PWM on their i1/Mini123 they'd have the 1C beat hands down.

holylight

Enlightened
I got a 1a, the design of casing is so slim that my battery stuck inside the casing. Got a replacement for $5. Love this key chain light.
6asaduhe.jpg