LED Lensor t7--how do I know what LED I have?

wildfish

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,
Been reading here for a while while shopping for a light, but this is my first post. This Christmas my kind family, knowing I was in the market for a small, powerful flashlight after hurricane Sandy left us in the dark, bought me a t7 Led Lensor for the holiday. Now I know their lights are pretty divisive around here, and I'm not hoping to start a debate. At first I was planning to return it for a Fenix. However, the light has really grown on me. It's as powerful as my Browning headlamp (nitro) that runs on c123, uses batteries I can easily exchange with neighbors in a storm, and the focus is actually great for the woods. I get a nice wide path close up, and can zoom in to check out a strange noise further away (I spend a lot of time in the woods). Anyway...

The box says it has a max of 175 lumens. The company website says 200. I have no doubt that these numbers are inaccurate in general. But I'm also aware that the technology changes frequently with this brand. How do I find out if my lamp has the newest LED for the model line, and which LED that is? The box doesn't say and the website doesn't say.

Any ideas? I want to be sure they didn't purchase older merchandise and the newer t7 is better equipped.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Coast HP7 a while back at Lowes that was rated at 252 lumens on high. Some of the Lowes in the area had the same model, but it was rated as 207 lumens, so they had an older version of the same light in some of their stores. You probably got the previous generation of the T7, but I doubt if you would notice much of difference in output between the two. The technology in these lights actually changes very quickly with most brands!