Suprabeam Flashlights

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello people.

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with Suprabeam lights?

http://www.suprabeam.com/

Norm
Re: Suprabeam Flashlights
A search of CPF for Suprabeam Flashlights.

Norm

Hi Norm.

I just got a bit cross-wired when talking about Supbeam in one post and your post on Suprabeam.

Sorry about that.

I made a post about Suprabeam X40 on 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM but did not order an X40 because like you and others, I do not know anything solid about the manufacturer.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?347925-New-X40-3280-Lumen-3-x-U3-LED-light-coming-out-in-December-similar-to-the-TN30

The X40 looked good with it's charger plug and other apparently good points.

If there is any more information about this light I would like to know as well.

I now realise that Suprabeam is a different Company to Supbeam.

Very confusing, all of these similar names like the "FIRE" lights as in Ultrafire, Trustfire and Bonfire etc.

The last "Fire" brand I was just kidding members with.

CHEERS

Last edited:

ThinLine

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a Suprabeam Q1 penlight (2xAAA) and it works very well, only issue is that it does not have a digitally regulated output, so it has reduced brightness after about 3-4 hours into its advertised 8 hour runtime.

I also have just returned a Suprabeam Q7xr (their 800 lumen model running of a 26650 battery) because despite being a seemingly sturdy light, I found that after some low to moderate usage of the battery it was unable to enter into the high output level (800 lumens). It instead remained at the medium output level of roughly 350-400 lumens. The flood on the light was clean but the spot was not as good as what you would expect from a Led Lenser (the best known manufacturer of comparably designed lights). These, along with the heavy price of $184 CDN for the light, two batteries and charger was not worth it, knowing that there are cheaper, high quality and well known alternatives.

That being said, the Q1 penlight is still excellent, and perhaps the other models are acceptable.