Ultimate Light per watt??

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
:
HI was wondering what is the most effective LED
light either flashlight or bulb itself in 1 watt's worth of light, i want to try and light up my bathroom (white walls painted nicely 70square feet yup tiny enough for the jon and a sink camper size

LEDependent

Enlightened
Go fluorescent - there is another thread about efficiency, and this site was suggested. Fluorescents win hands-down on lumens/watt. If you NEEDED LED, there's not too many options for 1 watt sources. Just Luxeons.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm well lets see. What kind of lighting do you need? Do you need something bright enoegh to locate grey hairs on your head in the mirror or something bright enoegh to use the jon at night?

I have an Arc LSH-P and i find it MORE than enoegh light for my bathroom which is roughly the same size as yours (~80 square feet). I can easily read fine print, especially with the light pointed directly to the ceiling and/or reflecting off the mirror. A flashlight of similar output is bright enoegh to find your way around a master bedroom, living room, and even a patio if you could reflect the light just right. It may not be enoegh light to read by if you aren't close to the source, but it sure is enoegh output to be used as an emergency light or a (LATE)night light.

You don't have to spend THAT much money for that much light though. Just find a 1Watt Luxeon based flashlight drawing at least 400mah - that should be enoegh light for a bathroom that size....heck...even the Arc AAA is enoegh light when u have to use the crapper late at night. I once showered with only my Arc AAA once....but that's a different story.

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
:
Hi thx again for the website
:
LEDependent i love that site\\ght!!
i hear ya about the AAA light i love mine
even at half light never changed the battery in 2 years so far and use it once a week on the crapper for S&G's heh anyways here is what i just posted somewhere else regarding what i have now I'm trying to provide Great lighting i mean as bright as bright amazingly my setup now provides a great light in the corners and on the crapper but i'm wondering if it can be more then again i'm only at 1/3 watt i have
:
:
:
:
:1 watt limit

but i designed a simple reflector using a 3 sided pyramid i know weird pyramid jokes
but it seems to work tho this is for an indoor light
seems to have amplified the light a bit i'm just using 3 12k 5mm's maybe 1/3 watts anyway i've lit up a bathroom nicely the pyramid has near perfect angles and a glass bottom for defuse, not sure if i'm loosing light there but it seems to beat any curved reflectors (from some old 2 million candle power flood
: