Energizer flashlights/lanterns - where in Canada?

lak

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for Energizer's Illumifold folding fluorescent lantern, Folding LED lantern or the Double bright LED/Fluorescent. Have anyone seen them in Canada? At which store? I have tried the usual place like Walmart or Canadian Tire here with no luck. Or any online place which ships to Canada?

Thanks.
OutFoldFlourImgOpen_z.jpg
PrmFoldingLEDGray_z.jpg
PrmArcWhite_z.jpg

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't help you on the Canadian supply, but I just reviewed the Trail Finder (the red one) and found it to be a neat light for the price.

The LED has a convex lens that gives it a lot of throw for a single 5mm. The beam is a lot like that of the Inova X1.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Lak,

Whew, I did find an outfit that ships to Canada and atleast has the folding flourescent lantern and spare flourescent lamps for it:

safetycentral.com

I'll bet that they would be able to special order the other two and ship them all together.

The only one of the above three I've bought is the little folding LED light. Mine gets used in every power outage and has been running on the same 4 AAs for 6 months with no sign of dimming. That 100-200 hours of runtime takes a long time to put a dent in.

I've bought several at Oshman's for less than $10US each. Great, practical, economical light.

I hear good things about the folding flourescent also.

Good luck.

BC

lak

Newly Enlightened
Re: Energizer flashlights/lanterns - where in Cana

[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Whew, I did find an outfit that ships to Canada and atleast has the folding flourescent lantern and spare flourescent lamps for it:safetycentral.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, BC, the only problem is that they use UPS to ship to Canada, which means that the brokerage fees charged by UPS for custom clearance would be more than the cost of the lamp! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I found another place www.rei.com which doesn't use UPS. However, I still can't find the folding LED lantern you have bought. Apart from being sold in Walmart in US, is it carried by any online places (even those which ship to US only)? It is not listed in the warlmart.com online store.

Photonboy: thanks for your suggestions. Recently, Radioshack Canada has a lot of "Nexxtech" offering. It's hard to find out who the original manufacturer is and it's even harder to find any reviews or users' experience. And there is so little information in their web site: e.g. what's the run time? Any spare flourescent tubes etc...

JohnK: thanks for your review. It was actually your review which got me interested in this light
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Energizer flashlights/lanterns - where in Cana

lak, here is a list of online sellers of Energizer products from energizer.com :

energizer.com where to buy online list

There is also a 1-800 number to call Energizer concerning Canada, but it's the same number to call for the U.S.A.

BC

PS: thestockroom.ca link was a deadend.