Love my Thrunites!

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Got a 1C and T10 a week ago and absolutely love them. Great performance, nice UI, and I especially love the moonlight mode. I really need that when checking on the kid at night.

My only complaints are that I hate the memory mode. I wish it would just start in low all the time. And I would like a model with a pocket clip.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is a 1C?

Saber 1C?

Neutron 1C?

Archer 1C?

i think so!!

jondotcom

Enlightened
I have a Ti and T20 and they rock. I love the moonlight mode on the T20...best for the money I have found. Very decent deal for a quality light.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
If you want something that starts in low every time the L10 from SB Flashlights is pretty much the same light as the Thrunite T10, but it has no memory mode. They have options for the XP-G2 or the Nichia 219 leds. You can chose between 3 or 4 mode. The extra mode is for fire fly mode. I have one and its pretty nice, but the led was off center. They are sending me a new one.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Just got an E-mail from Thrunite. They plan on releasing a new light to rival there TN30. Supposedly it will be 20% brighter and have the new XM-L2 LEDs. That would be 3600 lumens:) They said to watch EBay for the release info.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kinda advertising is that to tell peeps to watch eBay ? Sounds almost as lazy an advertising ploy as watch Facebook :(

i like Thrunite but I shake my head sometimes.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kinda advertising is that to tell peeps to watch eBay ? Sounds almost as lazy an advertising ploy as watch Facebook :(

i like Thrunite but I shake my head sometimes.

It is because when they put their new lights up for sale on Ebay/Amazon, they usually ship from California and take only a few days to arrive. Otherwise, ordering directly from their website, they put them on a slow boat from China.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has distributors in America like illuminationSupply. That's where my TN31 shipped from after buying on there website.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Yeah he needs someone in the US to help communicate these releases. I do like there lights, but I've gotta say if I was wanting to sell lights I could think of better ways of getting the word out.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
e3y7yjam.jpg
aqu4u6ev.jpg

Ok here are 2 of the new releases.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah he needs someone in the US to help communicate these releases. I do like there lights, but I've gotta say if I was wanting to sell lights I could think of better ways of getting the word out.

Thrunite has not sold to the public before. They just opened their new website months ago and started selling directly to the public for the first time. He now ships stock to the US and then sells that stock on Amazon/Ebay. Usually, like most manufacturers they distribute them to retailers to sell. I receive announcements from their newsletter and Facebook website. He also pays money to have his own manufacturer's forum on here.

Last edited:

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I'd start by maybe sending a light to Selfbuilt or another well respected person and have a review of the light posted here on CPF. If that's allowed.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite has been sold by retailers for a long time, Gordo is right the Thrunite store has only been open for a short time.
There are retailers that could sell there lights instead of eBay, but eBay is getting huge and it does serve as an advertising venue.
I've been Leary lately of eBay (got burned on an hid purchase, claim still under review)
I consider flashlight forums is where the info should go first, because our newest generation learns more from google than they learn in school (no offence intended to anyone in high school)

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I do like they are converting to the latest generation of LEDs in there existing lights. Wish some others would do that.

Dubois

Enlightened

As Carpentry Hero and Gordo say, ThruNite are quite new to direct selling, and are still learning. They have, in the Marketplace, advertised for an English as a first language Marketing Manager, so that should help with marketing communications.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad there stepping up there QC on the xml2 lights, I've read some reviews on other forums of reflector issues and some tail caps being lockTited while others weren't.
I was thinking of selling my tn31 to get the new tn31 but now I think I'll withdraw it from the marketplace and keep the one I got. It's definitely as bright as they claimed and throws further than I'll ever need