Energizer disney, going to the dark side

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some friends gave me this "princess disney" light for x-mast. Trying to make fun of my light collection.:faint: Runs on 3 aaa, dim 5mm led with a resistor.
img7029j.jpg

Got lots of cool white leds after led swaps. So i yanked out that 5mm, bypassed the resistor, and glued a xp-g r5 in there. DD on 3 aaa's. Not mutch cooling other than the star itself. Also pulled off some tape on the head, so now the led is visible from almost any angle. Annoying bright, and a hair trigger switch (If you as mutch as look at the sideswitch, it will do a momentary blast). Build to accidentally blind and annoy :) The tiny asperic molded in the front of the plastic cap, focuses the led perfectly and paints a led die on the wall. Not a superbright hotspot, but it's there :) I will bring this annoyingly bright "blind everyone princess light" everytime i visit them.

img7031p.jpg

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Nice too bad your too far from me or else I would send you my daughters so you could mod it. Post photos when you get a chance.

CVLPA

Newly Enlightened
Do you think the original light would be a good childrens light? Is it a momentary switch only (for saving battery) and is it built so no small strong teeth can bite of parts and swallow them? Does the plastic have toxics like BPA? Is it really hard to get to the batteriy/ies without tools, preferably a small screwdriver?

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock light seems to be frendly for kids. Not too bright, old type push swith, push forward for on. The switch on mine seems to be over sensetive. if i shakethe light, it will strobe me. The batts are loaded from the front and you must unscrew a little 2mm screw with a tiny screwdriver to be able to unscrew the head and reach the batteries :) I suspect great runtimes in it's stock form.

My version is not for kids. "Overdriven" xp-g mounted in plastic. I can smell the melted plastic smell after 1 min on :devil: 100% annoing for every ones eyes and noses.

CVLPA

Newly Enlightened
Hmm. I think I will get one of these.

Not that it really matters for a one year old child, but do you think they have a line with a more blueish color theme? :S

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont know if they exist in other colours, but if know my friends, they prob got the pink for me on purpouse...
They will regret it when they repetedly get blinded by my mighty "thou shall not pass" magical disney light. I feel it belongs on the top of a long magic staff now. High up there, it's the only place it wouldent blind the user :)