Arc6 XM-L

fyrstormer

Banned
I have two Arc6s. The first one I got works much better than the second one. A long time ago, I modded the first one from the stock SSC P4 to a Luxeon K2, which...didn't do much at all, honestly. Later, I modded the second one from the stock SSC P4 to a Cree MC-E, which made it a whole heck of a lot brighter, but it was impossible to focus the MC-E emitter in a way that didn't produce a donut-hole.

Finally I managed to scrounge-up the parts to re-mod the first one (also the better-functioning one) to a Cree XM-L. Flux bin is T6, tint is ~5000K. It went very well, which is a good thing, because I'm pretty sure this was the last time I'll be able to mod it without breaking something. Here it is:

CIMG5380b_zpsd05773f3.png

CIMG5386b_zps68058887.png

CIMG5408_zpsbb9405fc.jpg

That last picture shows the Arc6 XM-L (bottom) compared to the Jetbeam TC-R2 (top) and the Haiku XR-E (right).

Thanks to datiLED for commissioning the run of 8mm XM-L carrier boards, Illumination Supply for selling the boards, LED-Tech.de for selling XM-L emitters in tints other than super-cool and super-warm, and Run4jc for making me aware that I could use my electric stove as a reflow-soldering workstation.

Last edited: