Dorcy LED Lights

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glenn,
Ouch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif Those prices are a bit up there! I can casually wait for the AA and AAA models to show up at Wal-Mart. The Dorcy AA red LS project can wait a week or so.

Darkaway

Enlightened
But wait.......it gets better!!! I went through the motions to put a single Dorcy 1xAA in my cart and fill out the online order form, just to see what shipping would cost. It was $11.26 !!! That's for one small light.

I just paid $19.95 for a Dorcy 1xAA at my local TruValue store (after being told it was $18.95 on the phone) and I thought that was high!!! These guys sell it for $24.95 + $11.26 shipping.

Also, did anyone notice the hugely inflated (and then crossed out) "retail prices" on their items?

Sadly, people that don't know any better will probably order these things by the ton.

charliek

Enlightened
Anyone know a store that carries the LED lights Dorcy makes at more reasonable prices? Walmart seems to be a "hit or miss"- I try to drop by at least twice a month just to look at the flashlight section, but it never seems to change...

charliek

Enlightened
I sent an Email to Dorcy about finding the LED lights near my area (NJ) - here is the response from them:

"The best place as of right now, until the items get to other
distributors is Tru-Value Hardware stores. They have all these items in
their warehouse. If your local Tru-Value doesn't have any in stock they
can order from their warehouse. BJ's warehouse club will also be
carrying them Mid Nov."