Broken Fenix LD01

Buzzard217

Newly Enlightened
Ive had this flashlight for almost 2 years and has served keychain duty well. It wouldnt work the other day so I assumed the battery was dead. I replaced it with multiple cells to no avail. I hate to just toss it not knowing whats wrong or if I could possibly fix it. Anyone have any ideas what to do here?

Buzzard217

Newly Enlightened
I have cleaned the contacts, and tried several different batteries. Any thoughts folks?

nbp

Flashaholic
Try cleaning the contact on the back if the head. Also make sure that the spring inside is not too compressed to make contact. Maybe pull it out with a paperclip and give it a stretch before replacing it. Some easy things to try to get started.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try tightening the innards of the rear switch assembly. I had a LD20 that showed the same symptoms and I threw it in the trash. Should've checked CPF first, since the switch assembly coming loose seems to be a somewhat typically issue.

tam17

Enlightened
LD01 is one of my all-time favorites and fairly simple to troubleshoot. If you've thoroughly cleaned the contact points as you said, check the spring for elasticity and possible breakage. If a spring looks compressed, put a small pellet of aluminum foil down the battery tube, insert the battery and check if the light works. Unfortunately the last option is driver failure. If that's the case, you may want to make a warranty claim (AFAIK Fenix warranty is 24 months regularly, or 30 months if the product is registered online).

Cheers

Buzzard217

Newly Enlightened
Well I tried the paper clip with the spring, and no dice. I have started the warranty process with my dealer so we'll see where this goes. I purchased it in 06/2011 so it should be covered. Thank you everyone for your help.

Buzzard217

Newly Enlightened
After contacting my dealer on Amazon, he gave me a number for Casual Home (seemed weird but I called and they answered with "Fenix"), 1-888-464-8873. He said they handle all warranty claims. I contacted them, they confirmed my light was within the warranty period and asked I mail it in. It left this morning and they said there was a 3-5 week turn around time. Hopefully less and hopefully they just send me a new light.

Just a little FYI for those with warranty issues.

Canada

Newly Enlightened
Here is my worn fenix ld01. I'm lucky that even after around 3 years of heavy use it work like an new one :)

8545E399-9B85-43A6-9A57-4E7658AD538D-26032-00002E62E3C0FFF0.jpg