where to find a part for streamlight stinger?

LJUSMC

Newly Enlightened
Mods: This is not a WTB post!

I'm looking for the little red/orange colored o-ring that is found in the reflector assembly of the standard incandescent streamlight stinger. I bought a malkoff stinger dropin and had to modify my o-ring so it would fit, and just want to find an extra one in the event that I decide to convert it back to its standard form. I can buy the whole lens/reflector assembly that comes with this o-ring, but I don't want to do that because there's nothing wrong with the one I have.

Does anyone know a place that sells them?

This is what I'm talking about:
2012-12-31_14-42-34_622.jpg

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right, that part is for the UltraStinger. Good eye. I misread the part. You may have to buy the whole lens/reflector/bezel assembly that has the new o-ring installed. I couldn't find just an o-ring for the standard stinger at any of the parts stores.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Did you try contacting Streamlight? They have excellent customer service. How about an authorized Streamlight repair shop in your area. Many LE supply stores also service Streamlight products, at least here in PA.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I has been my experience too that shops that service Streamlight's have a large inventory of parts, particularly for lights that LEO's use, such as the Stinger. Go to Streamlight's web site and click on the page for Streamlight's service centers. When I lived in Sonoma CA, I used to to a Police supply store that also was an authorized service repair shop. Shop was located in Santa Rosa, CA. When I moved to Woodland CA I found such a shop in Sacramento CA close to me, and used their service also, no charge.

Bill

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
if worse comes to worst, check out McMaster's selection of o-rings should you be unable to get one from a service center :)

LJUSMC

Newly Enlightened
if worse comes to worst, check out McMaster's selection of o-rings should you be unable to get one from a service center :)

Well I emailed streamlight and they said they would send me one of the o-rings at no charge; score!

mangeraster

Newly Enlightened
Well I emailed streamlight and they said they would send me one of the o-rings at no charge; score!

That's really cool of Streamlight.

Is there any difference between that type of o-ring and the ones they sell at the hardware store?

Latest posts