Ever seen a Red Surefire E2?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a local guy selling a Surefire E2 that is Red,the body is red.
Ever seen one of these,it is not a new or commemorative model it is just anodized Red.

He did mention getting it a while back on eBay and I wonder if it is real?
Just trying to know before I take a look at it.

Thanks
Ed

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire made a limited run of some burgundy-anodized E1e and E2e lights several years ago called the Winelight I and Winelight II. If you do a search here, you will probably turn up some threads with photos that will help you determine whether or not that is what the light is, and may give you some of the history.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire made a limited run of some burgundy-anodized E1e and E2e lights several years ago called the Winelight I and Winelight II. If you do a search here, you will probably turn up some threads with photos that will help you determine whether or not that is what the light is, and may give you some of the history.

Thanks

I am on it too.
Strange to say the least?
Anyway it is cheap and there is another SF in the deal too.....and it is not Purple.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were several runs of the Winelight I and Winelight II made over the years. They all have the twisty style switch, even the ones that came in the newer clamshell style packages. I think the last run they made was in 07'. Winelight II's come with the 25 lumen MN02 lamp and Winelight I comes with the 15 lumen MN01.

I think I remember seeing an actual "red" Surefire E2 once. I think it was a one off deal though given to someone by a Surefire rep for their collection.