• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD - Prometheus (Dark Sucks) Alpha Blue Label MC18B

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

Folks, it's a New Year – and it's time to refine the collection.

This is a light that I absolutely love, but it is not seeing enough use. So I'm going to price it to sell – if you are interested please go ahead and purchase because there won't be any price reductions.

For your consideration is a Prometheus (Dark Sucks) Alpha Blue Label MC18B. (MCE 4500k with boom reflector.) I bought this back in the summer and gushed over it in this review. It's a beautiful, wonderful light and still has what I called, "the best beam I've ever seen." It has seen some limited use, so expect to find some minor marks, but no gouges or deep scratches. If you want a perfect one, order direct from Jason! This light has been modded by Flucero28 to now have 4 levels. I measure them at .07 lumen, 7 lumen, 100 lumen, and 450 lumen. He also set it up with his "hybrid memory" to function as follows:

"Hybrid memory - last used mode is memorized in a specified amount of time (.5 seconds) and upon mode change the light always reverts back to the first mode in the list."

I really like this setup. A truly useful "firefly" low plus memory that is more in tune with my tastes. If you forget what mode you last used on the light and want it to come on in firefly, simply cover the lens, momentary press twice and you are assured that you are in firefly.

I'm including the extra switch, 3 boots, lens and 6 o rings as shown in the photo, as well as a new, never used or charged AW 18650 (as received from Jason.) None of the other "master package" accessories (that you see in the review) are included.

The light alone sells new for $325. The mod is $25. The accessories have value as well.

$275 shipped CONUS via USPS priority flat rate small box, I pay the PayPal fees. I WILL include insurance for $400, but once the light leaves my hands and is in the possession of the USPS, I am no longer responsible.

This price will not be reduced. If you know this light, you know that this is a bargain.

International, please PM or email for actual shipping costs. International will NOT include the battery, and shipping will be charged at your chosen method's actual cost. I will take into account and subtract a portion of the cost of shipping and insurance in the US.

Email address and PayPal address is the same - dan [at] run4jc dot net

First "I'll take it" posted in this thread takes priority over all other forms of communication.

2013-01-01+10.54.47-002.jpg

2013-01-004.jpg

2013-01-005.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - Prometheus (Dark Sucks) Alpha Blue Label MC18B

Very nice light! I just recently received mine (same LED) and it is indeed an extremely nice beam. I will not be selling mine (I had Jason put my name on the head to ensure I wouldn't sell and then have buyers remorse :faint:).

As most people know run4jc is a pleaseure do deal with and excels at communication.

I'll be refining my collection more a little later. I'm packing up to head to China for two weeks & last night put my "light kit" together - a torchlab triple Nichia 219 in the 18650 shorty version and a scuffed Zebralight that runs on 18650s as a loaner. Of course I'll have a few other smaller lights, but those will be my main work ones. I need to get my trits installed on my Alpha & get a holster for it before it goes out into the field.

Have a great new year!

pharmbob

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

I knew that this would sell fast.

Great deal here!

:thumbsup: