Fenix TK75 led off center and holes/bubbles in reflector

artis

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Got my TK75 few weeks ago and while browsing forum found few posts about leds being off-center.
Checked my TK and found one led slightly off-center and also noticed small bubbles/holes in reflector.

As I understand, for throw light like TK75, led's and reflector should be in perfect condition specially from someone like Fenix.

Should I be worried ? Can you guys please check your TK75's too?

Thanks,

http://54.252.96.246/IMG_20130102_165704.jpg

http://54.252.96.246/IMG_20130102_165924.jpg

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

kj2

Flashaholic
Is a little bit off-centre, but noting to worry about. Dents in the reflector I really hate. Have about 7 of them in my TK70.
Do hope that my new TK75 doesn't have it.

tam17

Enlightened
I don't have TK75, but those are minuscule irregularities that shouldn't affect the beam. It's just us, demanding utmost perfection in a far-from-perfect world...:)

Cheers

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those probably dont affect the beam too much like the others said, but..... The TK75 is leaning towards a expensive light. If it were mine, I wouldnt tolerate it.

kj2

Flashaholic
Just came back from my dealer. They had a new TK75 waiting for me :) (because my first had some fogging)
Leds are perfect centred and reflector is good IMO :)

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shine it at the wall. If you don't see blobs, smears, or dark spots (At a respectable distance from the wall!) then you have lost little or nothing.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
I've just sent mine 75 back because of 2 non-centered LEDs of total 3, crown-like beam, and at least 3 dents on the reflector...
China quality... And it isn't just my situation... Hope Fenix will try to improve the quality of their lights...
Fingers crossed...

wertzius

Newly Enlightened
AW: Fenix TK75 led off center and holes/bubbles in reflector

The beam will always be a crown or a flower at the TK75. I can't understand why so many people are angry about that.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
Re: AW: Fenix TK75 led off center and holes/bubbles in reflector

Because you haven't seen what is that all are angry about...
The flower shape is normal because of stainless steel bezel...
See my drawing. it should be a ROUND form of the light in the very middle... Not the funny "bunny face" instead...
http://postimage.org/image/6qpwgomjl/

Tybo22

Newly Enlightened

Because you haven't seen what is that all are angry about...
The flower shape is normal because of stainless steel bezel...
See my drawing. it should be a ROUND form of the light in the very middle... Not the funny "bunny face" instead...
http://postimage.org/image/6qpwgomjl/

Is this your first triple led light. All 3 of my triple led lights have a crown effect (tm11, thrunite tn30 and the tk75). Not sure of the bunny effect you describe. 1 of my leds if off center in the tk75 but not noticeable in real world use. I agree the quality control of the tk75 sucks. Many people have reported problems with off center leds. I expect more from fenix and expect more from a $200 light.

wertzius

Newly Enlightened
AW: Fenix TK75 led off center and holes/bubbles in reflector

Yes it is quite normal for triple led lights at white wall shootings.

Ratton

Newly Enlightened

Hi All!!

WooHoo!!!! USPS just dropped off my Fenix TK75 and I am one happy camper!!:clap:The only down side is that I'll have to wait another 5 hours to take it outside and blast away in the dark.

I am a perfectionist and was starting to get a little worried about off centered leds and holes/bubbles in the reflector as some have reported; so I have examined mine very thoroughly and I am very happy to say that mine is absolutely perfect!!! I can not find or detect any flaws or imperfections.

All I can say is :goodjob: Fenix!!

My serial number is: F4UDAR01725

I would like to thank my dealer, Fenix Outfitters, for their great service, and for the extra goodies in the box!!!!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

One of my three is as off Center as the picture above. As far as I can tell it doesn't effect the beam. I really love how monsterous the beam looks, makes my tn31 look dim :eek:oo: wow, we'll done Fenix :thumbsup:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

One of mine is slightly off center too. I don't mind it though.

ganymede

Enlightened

The petal shaped beam is caused by the overlapping reflectors, can't get away from that.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Just came back from my dealer. They had a new TK75 waiting for me :) (because my first had some fogging)
Leds are perfect centred and reflector is good IMO :)

I'm glad they took care of the situation for you. It is disappointing to wait for something with anticipation only to have it go wrong.