my eagle Tac TC20C2 MKII XML doesn't turn on

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
why my eagle Tac TC20C2 MKII XML doesn't turn on? I tried turning the head clockwise but there is no response. The tail cap is tight.

I test with 2 CR123A titanium battries. my deerlight light turn on with these batteries without any problem.:confused::mecry::mad:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
take off the tail cap and bridge the tail contact with a piece of wire and see if there is light

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it passes shelms test, check and make sure the switch is on tight as well inside the tail. Use tweezers or something to check.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
the retainer ring for the pocket clip must be ..

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand German. What is the guys saying in the video? I test the light using a tweezer like the video instruction but the light doesn't turn on.

I don't have the magnet to test it.

oh ok.

I finally figure it out. I have to tighten the ring on the belt clip. it is working now.

Duh. I feel so stupid :):grin2:

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I was worried that the newer generation of lights were going to be brighter than the earlier generation of the same light that I bought 6 months ago, but if they dont turn on, then they cant be brighter right!?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
why does this light have a huge hot spot? my deerlight has a tighter hotspot. Does this mean this light doesn't throw far?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it common for xml to have a wide hot spot?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it common for xml to have a wide hot spot?

yesyes. Quark X and Fenix PD32UE have huge hot spots because of their XML and the reflector shape.
the eagletac xml throws far because of the size of the reflector but the xp-g s2, xp-g2 led modules throw much further.

so your eagletac works again, problem solved?