Olight X6 Marauder arrives, annihilates competition. Beamshots included.

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
So, I got my Olight X6 Marauder today and I immediately compared it to my other bright lights. Not that the other lights seem that bright anymore after seeing the X6 at full blast... :naughty:

Here are the contestants:

1. Olight X6 Marauder (proprietary battery pack showing full charge)
2. 50W HID modded Cyclops X-15 (freshly charged car battery)
3. Fenix TK45 (freshly charged Eneloops)

_X5K1115.jpg

1. Olight X6 Marauder (proprietary battery pack showing full at idle, normal when the light is on)

_X5K1107.jpg

2. 50W HID modded Cyclops X-15 (freshly charged car battery)

_X5K1099.jpg

3. Fenix TK45 (freshly charged Eneloops)

_X5K1100.jpg

All lights are at maximum output.

Camera settings:

• Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/60
  • Av(Aperture Value) 8.0
  • ISO Speed 100
  • Focal Length 70.0mm
  • The white balance is normalized to X6 and applied to all images in exactly the same way.

Distance from lamps to wall 3,5 m.

My trusty old HID has illuminated my adventures since 2009 and I used to think it was super bright (heck, I used to think the TK45 was really bright too thought not in the same ballpark with the HID). The X6 has better output than my DIY HID and most importantly the beam is completely free of artifacts. This is very important to me. So, I'm a happy camper and will now let the Cyclops retire. The LED era has truly arrived.

Earthlight

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited:

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys and gals, can you see the images? My gallery host has updated the software again so it seems I need to fiddle a little bit with the settings. I hope the images load correctly now.

Earthlight

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're loading up for me just fine. :)

I really like the concept of the X6. It's an actual 5000lm light that's easy to use and manuver with.

tonkem

Enlightened
Glad to see you can finally move past the HID lights. I tried the Polarion but it was just too large, and LED lights are closing the gap quickly :)

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
They're loading up for me just fine. :)

I really like the concept of the X6. It's an actual 5000lm light that's easy to use and manuver with.

Thanks, I too like the concept. I can't get over how small and light the X6 is. I am also particularly impressed in some details such as the AR coated glass that protects the leds. It really is transparent, like there is no glass at all.

I hope this Olight will give me years of reliable service just like my HID did. I guess the very low temps I will be using this light in vorry me a little bit. Well, time will tell.

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see you can finally move past the HID lights. I tried the Polarion but it was just too large, and LED lights are closing the gap quickly :)

LEDs are indeed getting there even for the most demanding applications such as car headlights. Warmer tints, higher CRIs and better efficiency are pretty much a given in the coming years. In five years I think we can say the technology has matured to a great extent.