Where are the BIG lumen Surefire 6P drop ins?

wdkingery

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before (yes I searched, yes i saw the sticky)

but am i just missing the BIG LUMEN drop ins? Where's the 600+ OTF lumens?

My EDC is a klarus xt11, which is 600 ansi lumens (which i now consider the minimum..) can't i get a drop in for my crappy old surefire i just found in my sock drawer that can do at least that? or maybe a 1000 lumen 20 minute deal? somethin' screamin' for just you know $38+shipping or something.

Something with a bunch of throw would be good too.. as my xt11 is a flooder.

Any advice?

Sorry for being a noob, but I cannot de-noob myselfon ​all of my forums, or wifey would kill me.

EDIT:
I found the Malkoff M61SHO, but it doesn't list a lumen count.

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lookup user "vinhnguyen54", he makes an XM-L P60 that'll do 1300 lumens :D

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a Malkoff M91A with 750 lumens XML that will fit as long as you use a pair of RCR123 li-ions for the 8.4v that it needs.

There are quite a few other drop-ins that will run an XML pretty high current that should do around the same or maybe more. The Malkoff is particularly good with the thermal management which is kind of important when you are pushing that many lumens out.

If you bore your 6P out to take 18xxx size li-ions, you could use the Oveready TorchLab Triple drop-ins which are all above 1000 lumens, and will run on a pair of 18350 in your bored 6P for about 20 minutes on high.

None of this stuff is going to be for $38 + shipping, or anything near that low.

wdkingery

Newly Enlightened
None of this stuff is going to be for $38 + shipping, or anything near that low.

Ok so 38 was just kind of a made up (albeit hopeful) number.

Thanks for your suggestions, i Google them!

wdkingery

Newly Enlightened
Ok so the answer is Oveready Torchlab H3 ($165!!) at 1600 lumens..

and believe, NOT ONE YOUTUBE VIDEO featuring this drop in.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are quite a few owners of them here on CPF.
I have the version that is built into the head, and is not removable, called the TorchLab Pocket Triple, in the XPG2 1600 lumen version, and also one with XPE neutral.

I don't have any way to do beam shots, but they are very powerful and quality made.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my first Today in the E2E Copper Triple.
Lets just say it is BRIGHT!
And what a light too!
Very small,a real sleeper

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so the answer is Oveready Torchlab H3 ($165!!) at 1600 lumens..and believe, NOT ONE YOUTUBE VIDEO featuring this drop in.
Its because anyone who owns one, can no longer run a camera "Wow thats bright" - looks into beam "ow my eyes"

Last edited:

wdkingery

Newly Enlightened
oh wow lol hahahaa I most certainly thought "how could this guy have 3675 posts, and send such a silly link??"

I view all movies as spam.

The thread with the stills was a bit more informative. Nice post!