Looking to buy or build an aspherical lens killer throw light. - Maglight Asherical ?

jtice

Flashaholic
This is more for fun than anything, but I am looking to either buy or build a light that has an extremely tight beam, with very little to no side spill.
I got a $7 light the other day that was on sale from Amazon that has an aspherical lens in it, that is adjustable, and even though its really a really cheapo light, its kinda fun.
So, I figured it would be even more fun to have one that actually had some killer output. Its fun to play with in fog. ;)
Doesnt have to be adjustable, but that would be nice.

What would be really nice, is a drop in lens kit for a maglight, are their any of these?
So far I have found this lens.
http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S003958
Which I THINK will drop right in a stock mag?

Not looking to put a whole lot of $ into this project, since its just for fun mainly.
Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jtice,

Deal Extreme sells a 50mm lens that fits mags. Its actually one of the best I have ever used. Search 50mm lens on the site. The 2~80 degree one is what I use its like $3.50

jtice

Flashaholic
Oh thats perfect guys, thanks, cant beat that price either.
I will order a few of those to play with, thanks.

jtice

Flashaholic
Yep thats very similar, the one I got was 1AA and much less lumens, but still pretty cool.
Might try that one for he heck of it too though.

I ordered some of the optics from DX for the mags also.
Now I need to see what LED I want to use, what is the most powerful led that works with these optics well?