Why hasn't someone made it yet...?

SparkLite

Newly Enlightened
I wish one of the manufacturers would pull their finger out and make a flashlight with a parallel battery compartment...

Either AA or AAA, something like a spy or even the shape of a zippo lighter (obviously a bit bigger) but nice and thin that can be clipped to a pocket and ride nice and flat...

That is all!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish one of the manufacturers would pull their finger out and make a flashlight with a parallel battery compartment...

Either AA or AAA, something like a spy or even the shape of a zippo lighter (obviously a bit bigger) but nice and thin that can be clipped to a pocket and ride nice and flat...

That is all!

Energizer used to make a light that had parallel AA or AAA sized battery tubes. Probably early 90's...

-dan

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

That is all!
With LED lighting it is somewhat silly to make a parallel battery based light other than perhaps 2 sets of 3AAs in parallel like I think a coleman light that was made had. If you have a choice of 2 1.5v batteries in parallel vs 2 in series, 2 in series wins as far as runtime and performance as it is harder to boost a 1.5v source up to ~3.5v than it is to boost a 3.0v source to ~3.5v and using alkalines the difference in current even if only 10% can mean more power loss as with increased current alkalines sag more under load.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Underwater Kinetics, they typically prefer lengthwise-and-parallel 3x and 4xAA designs, their 2xAAA is parallel.

iXhqZfH8pBygl.jpg

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note that some of these are physically parallel only, while others are physically and electrically parallel. Didn't Fenix just last month crank out a 2x2-physical critter using AAs?

SparkLite

Newly Enlightened
To clarify, the batteries would be wired in series, just parallel in configuration...

I just want to see something outside the box, instead of the same old 2xAA 6inch long penlight syle, tail switched standard fare...

Norm

Retired Administrator
A metal tubular light is far easier to manufacture and seal than a light like the Spy.

Norm

SparkLite

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the folks at Sunwayman might have seen this thread... and built me a D20A...

WoooHooo!!! Should have it by next week!!!!