New Fenix E25's

robcope

Newly Enlightened
Just received two and love them. No bells and whistles, just three brightness levels. Carried just about every type of mag light(non led) during a 21 year Air Force Security Forces career and these blow them away. I don't know much about lumens, but i blinded myself and i am still seeing spots. Lol. They are built very solid and i like the button on the head. I think it makes them easier to use.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Verndog

Enlightened
Just received two and love them. No bells and whistles, just three brightness levels. Carried just about every type of mag light(non led) during a 21 year Air Force Security Forces career and these blow them away. I don't know much about lumens, but i blinded myself and i am still seeing spots. Lol. They are built very solid and i like the button on the head. I think it makes them easier to use.

Congrats, excellent lights! I really like my E21 I had about a year and upgraded to the E25 a couple months ago. They did a great job on the UI with forward button and modes on the E25...solid and well built.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine today. Love it! Cost $33 on ebay - what a bargain for this quality light!

1) Great spacing on the modes.
2) Wish the low was lower but at 27 lumens, its low enough.
3) Nice white beam from an XP-E - well-centered LED.
4) A decent thrower with a smooth reflector but with good bright spill to go with the throw.
5) The centerspot has a slightly dimmer center as other folks here have noted but no big deal.
6) Nice finish - no sharp edges. Just nice rich black semi-gloss anodize.
7) The battery tube has a separate cemented tailcap - probably to place the battery spring during manufacturing.
8) Side switch with nice crisp clicks. Cycle goes from low-med-hi-low-med-hi etc.. Long press for on or off; quick clicks for mode/level changes. The pressure to click is not too light; not too hard - just right. Clicks are barely audible.
9) Square threads between head and tube - nice.
10) Tailstanding is stable.
11) Size- exact same length as an incandescent minimag AAx2. For this battery configuration of AAx2, this is one of the shortest lights out there. If you are contemplating getting an AAx2 TAIL-clicky light from another maker instead, it will definitely be longer. I assume the SIDE-switch on this light is what makes it shorter.
12) Knurling - just right - not too rough and not too smooth. Nice ridges all over to help with grip.
13) Lettering is nice white, crisp.
14) Small amount of battery rattle when shaken sideways but with 2 long skinny batteries stacked end-to-end in there, this is expected.
15) Finding the side switch in the dark is not quite as quick as finding a tailcap switch but still pretty easy due to tactile feel of rubber switch cover.
16) Lanyard hole in tailcap plus lanyard cord and spare o-ring.
17) An all-around good to have on-hand light for household chores using common batteries.

Just remember to use Eneloops or other decent rechargeables that won't leak and ruin the light - don't use primary alkalines which can leak.

Just picked up an all-purpose Nitecore i4 Intellicharger - charges all cylindrically shaped batteries from AAA up thru C size/26650 and chemistries of NiCd, NiMH, and Li-on by automatically sensing the type of battery and charge needed - constant current or constant voltage, then shuts down to trickle charge when done. LED lights indicate when charging and when done. Each of the four battery bays has its own circuitry. The V2 version of this charger has corrected the shortcomings of the initial V1 version. There is also an i2 two battery charger version. Make sure to get a charger that includes the car adaptor power cord for "free" - not all vendors include this.

Last edited:

robcope

Newly Enlightened
Already have the i4 charger as well as the MAHA c9000 charger and envelops. If you want a charger that gets the most out of your batteries, the c9000 rocks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

dml24

Newly Enlightened

I just recieved my first Fenix E25. I read most of the posts on this light and similar lights. The E25 is now my EDC.

For the price, the 3 brightness levels, runtime and durability the E25 appears to fit the requirements.
I am pleased with ease of use, the decent throw and just enough spill to fill in near illumination needs.

Very satisfied with the E25!