Your opininion on Nextorch? (K3)

simen

Newly Enlightened
Hello, what do you think of the brand Nextorch, I'm interested in their nextorch k3, but don't know if the quality is good?
I couldnt find much reviews on the light.

neologist

Newly Enlightened
I also am interested in reviews of Nextorch since I discovered I live within 5 mile of their US distributor. My experience is with their co product, Tekut Knives, which I have found to be of singularly high quality. But I know nothing of light and lumen. Any direction would help.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the Nextorch K1 as soon as it came out,still have and use it often.If I am suited and booted I always take it as my little EDC because it is a smart looking little light.There is nothing special about it and it performs very much like many others in the price bracket but it has never left me with any issues and I would be happy to buy another from there range including the K2 and K3.

I dug out this little feedback for you on the K3,taken from the feedback page from the UK supplier I buy from.

NextorchK1d.jpg

This is an excellent piece of equipment. Bought it as an EDC. It is very bright for a 2 x AA torch with a good range of different modes. It has more of a wide beam than a narrow focussed one but gives out a good deal of light. Have used it in dark lanes walking the dog and it is far better tahn any other torch of this size I have used. I can definitely recommend this torsh.
This is an excellent piece of equipment. Bought it as an EDC. It is very bright for a 2 x AA torch with a good range of different modes. It has more of a wide beam than a narrow focussed one but gives out a good deal of light. Have used it in dark lanes walking the dog and it is far better tahn any other torch of this size I have used. I can definitely recommend this torch.

neologist

Newly Enlightened
Thanks McNair. This is exactly what I have been hearing from other sources. I will certainly be adding them to my product line

Harry999

Enlightened
I purchased the K3 recently to use for those times when I have to dress very smartly and so can not carry an 18650 light in my pocket. It is a very nice light which has a good tint and floody beam. I like it. It also has more than sufficient lumens at its highest level. The build quality is very good and it looks more than adequately smart. I like the deep pocket clip a lot. It is a nice penlight.

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
No experience of the K3 you desire but a few years ago I bought a nextorch magicmax (the original model, not the magicmax II). It was an inexpensive light at the time and a bit of an oddity in that in its primary configuration it used a CR2 cell but included a battery tube to use 2 AA cells. It also included end caps so that you could carry 2 AA's or a CR2 as a spare.

For the price (£24.99) it offered good functionality. Anodising was merely adequate and I recall that on inspection after purchasing one of the o-rings was split, there was no included spare and I never did get it replaced.

All things considered I would contemplate buying another nextorch but I would have to think very carefully about it and would definitely like to see the goods before parting with my money.

JNieporte

Enlightened
I've had a few NexTorch lights. I still have the K1 and K3.

The K3 is nice. Good, creamy-white R5 emitter, OP reflector. The lumens mentioned seem very accurate. Mode order is: 180 lumens on high, 75 on medium, 25 on low, then a 180-lumen 9 Hz strobe. Leave the light on for five seconds or more and it will come on in that mode next time you turn it on. It comes with two NexTorch-branded alkalines in the light so you can "Try Me" as well as two new ones in the package. The clicky is nice and I didn't think I'd like the metallic finish at first, but it's just fine. Although there's no texturing on the light, it doesn't really need it, as it doesn't slip out of my hand when in use. The pocket clip spins freely and isn't removable without cutting it.
The head unscrews for battery change, although there is a seam near the tailcap. I marred my K3 up pretty nicely trying to get the tail unscrewed with pliers, so they must use Locktite or something on the threads there. Overall, it's nice: on par with the Preon 2, and costs less money.

EDIT: The clip is removable. On the wire clip, there's a small piece of flat metal that says NexTorch. It will slide up to "lock" the clip on the light, or down to allow you to pull the springy clip off the light.

Last edited:

gorn

Enlightened
I picked up a Nextorch MyTorch AA from a sale site for a real good deal. The only problem I have is that I didn't buy a whole lot more of them. Build quality is excellent. I keep this one right next to my laptop on it's stand and use it probably every day.

N_N_R

Enlightened
So... any new opinions? How does the light behave in time? I'm considering buying it...

N_N_R

Enlightened
Hey, thanks. I've been a huge fan of Fenix and all their lights are the same quality... so let's hope if the other "K"s are good, the K3 will be, too... :D

I've been hesitating between the Nextorch K3 and the 4Sevens Preon 2... but the latter isn't available in my country, first of all and I'll have to deal with annoying postage stuff; then people seem to have lots of issues with the Preon's clicky... AND the K3 seems to offer 38 HoUrS with 25 lumens... which, to me, sounds like a Lot.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of the one on the right in post no. 3, with kind of a separated & grooved head for easy finding & twisting on/off. What if anything do they make for in 1xAA like that?

gsr

Enlightened
I picked up a Nextorch K3 a couple of weeks ago, and it has been good so far. It spends most of the time in the pocket of my work shirt, but seems to have held up well enough from the day to day knocking about. I'm pleased with it so far.

Alex W

Newly Enlightened
:party:And Christmas's coming, i will put it into my gift list.:twothumbs