HDS EDC Rotary 200 lumens. Flush switch easy & reliable to use as the Raised version?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS EDC Rotary 200 lumens. Flush switch easy & reliable to use as the Raised version?

Hi Guys.

I am about to order a HDS EDC Rotary 200 lumen flashlight.

Is the Flush button as easy on the fingers and just as reliable as the Riased button.

What are your preferences or experiences?

When spending $200 on any flashlight it would be good to know this answer.

CHEERS
:confused:

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HDS EDC Rotary 200 lumens. Flush switch easy & reliable to use as the Raised vers

If it's the same as the clicky, I prefer the flush one. It's less easy to get activated by accident in a pocket and the tail stand (even if it wobbles...) is a big advantage for me...

RobME

Newly Enlightened
Re: HDS EDC Rotary 200 lumens. Flush switch easy & reliable to use as the Raised vers

Flush = tailstand. Reliability & ease of use aren't issues (for me). Imo.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is a good point about tailstanding, can the flush mounted switch version tailstand reasonably well or is it quite wobbly.

The fact that the flush switch cannot be easily activated is a good idea as long as my finger or thumb does not get sore getting to it.

CHEERS

nbp

Flashaholic
It's flush but not recessed. Your thumb won't get sore. Some folks who wear gloves or whatever like the raised for easier activation - I prefer flush. Tailstand is wobbly but functional.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

The older models and 120's were fairly wobbly. The newer HDSrotary was much sturdier tail standing (only a slight wobble)

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

Each of mine tail stand without trouble.
Mine are all ACME thread models but are great in candle duty.

The Tactical will not tail stand but I like it as much as the flush for different situations.
At work it is easier to use and of course when wearing gloves at this time of year,here.

Dubois

Enlightened

What is the current waiting time being quoted for the Rotary 200?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is the current waiting time being quoted for the Rotary 200?

Funny you should ask. I believe it's been restated to be 'only' 8-10 weeks. But I ordered mine on Jan 25th. New Clickies are available from several sellers, and the rotaries should be out once their special parts are produced and approved. I cannot guess about the timetable for it, and will be out of the country for five weeks soon.

gianetics

Enlightened

id say go ahead and order which every you like right now. that way your on the list. You will have plenty of time if you change your mind:grin2:

druidmars

Enlightened

The older models and 120's were fairly wobbly. The newer HDSrotary was much sturdier tail standing (only a slight wobble)

I have the 140 executive and the 200 rotary. Both have flush button and they both wobble a little bit. I see no difference between them. However, I believe I might have read an old thread explaining something like removing the air inside the button compartment so it could be more or less protruding.
I never tried a raised one. I see more advantages in the flushed version.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

id say go ahead and order which every you like right now. that way your on the list. You will have plenty of time if you change your mind:grin2:

That is a good idea and I will order a flush switch and still collect some more ideas as it approaches a delivery time.

Is everyone sure that Henry still has a viable business?

Production hassles can ruin any Business.

CHEERS

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

No one has any idea except Henry so I would be somewhat hesitant to feed the potential fire as it were?
If not set on a Rotary you can have one right now like I know you already know.
I posted a wanted for mine and had about given up when I was contacted and now it sits on my belt most days!

It is just an unknown really.

Ed