What lights are we looking forward to in 2013?

Edi

Newly Enlightened
So hard to keep up with all the manufacturers these days and what lights they have coming out because there is so many of them! Anybody know of anything awesome coming out?! Which torch makers are going to take charge this year?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The new version of the Zebralight SC600 should be along any day now. And I have a feeling 2013 will be a year of multi-emitter madness..

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see an AAA light similar to the Revo stainless steal with the very latest XPE emitter. I would want the light from a well trusted manufacturer to insure that the highest quality and efficient driver is used. I'm all over that.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in seeing new 2AAA penlights with multiple brightness levels and a forward clicky tail switch which provides momentary action. At least one of the brightness levels should be in the range of 30 to 50 lumens with at least a 4 hour runtime.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, we have already seen the first XML2 light in the new Malkoff Hound Dog.

I'm gonna get one of those after they get back into stock. They sold out before I could get mine ordered.

Also definitely will be looking at the upcoming Malkoff MDC too.

Oveready TorchLab Pocket Triple XPG2 H3C L/M/H head in Natural Gray Hard Anodized is high on the list too.

Last edited:

Incidentalist

Enlightened
The first light I'm looking forward to is the Nitecore EA4 which I ordered in early December that I'm still waiting on.

Other than that, I'm interested in seeing if the Zebralight SC82 comes to fruition and just about anything that tgwnn comes up with.

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened
Now, the Eagletac sx25a6. That looks like a must-have for me. I hope it's as good as it looks on paper.

I've just started upgrading my flashlights (not bought one for nearly two years) and moving away from Li-ion cells to AA format. With that in mind, I am the proud new owner of a EA4 and LD41 as of this morning. They both arrived together so are currently fighting for attention!

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I will be watching for throwers using the new LED's expected to be released. I hope to see a 3000+ Lumen 1000+ meter light this year that doesn't run on a proprietary battery pack.

koenfm

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping Fenix will release a LD01 with side mode switch, but I'm afraid they have won't

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
New xpg2 and xml2 lights :)

This.

I'd like something with maybe 3x XML2 or XPG2... but running on a single IMR cell and small enough for EDC.

Also looking forward to SC52w and new versions of Eagletac D25. How about an aluminum D25c with the 2013 driver and an XML2 emitter putting out 900+ lumens out the front on IMR 16340. *Drool*

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for a pure flood 18650 headlamp the Zebralight H602
yeah2.gif

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for a pure flood 18650 headlamp the Zebralight H602
yeah2.gif

That would have really been nice a few months ago. I wound up buying a Petzl Ultra Wide, 300 Lm, nearly 180 degree beam, and a spare battery. REALLY nice headlamp but I paid a small fortune for it.

rjking

Enlightened
Flashlight with new driver that can run 6-10 hours on high.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The re-emergence of LiteFlux would be ideal, but since that's not likely maybe a 1AAA Zebralight. Just shrink a SC52w.

Geoff