SC52 casing color?

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
Just received my first Zebralight, the SC52. Overall I am very impressed. However, all of the photos I saw of this light make the exterior case appear to be black. My SC52 is similar to an OD Green. Just wondering if I have a different variation of the SC52 or if all of them are this color.....thanks!

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
This is how they roll :twothumbs

I like the OD green look but was just somewhat surprised because I was expecting black. I am sure that I am not the only one who thinks that the photos on ZL's makes their lights look black though...

markr6

Flashaholic
They can definitely improve the photos on their site - for new users that are not familair with the usual OD green color. Most of the smaller headlamps look GOLD, the H600s (horizontal) look dark GRAY, the SC80s are nearly BLACK. The S6330 is about the closest match to real life. Being a photographer I understand some colors are tricky, especially when shooting like this on a white background to isolate the product.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of the pictures of the SC52 on their website look even remotely close to black to me. They look silver-grey green, like all Zebralights. And what I got matches the pictures very closely.

markr6

Flashaholic
I can't speak for the OP, but I'm guessing he was just thrown off by the color differences. I'm personally not saying they literally look BLACK, just so much different that one could conclude it COULD be black and that it just appears a bit lighter due to the camer and monitor (ever try to order clothing from the Internet? UUGH) But if you click the actual photo and see it larger on the ZL site, and pixel peep, you can tell it's in fact NOT black. Still, the OD green is not represented well. Regarding the SC52, you can see the greenish tint fairly well from the lighting (not shown below)

ZL_finish.jpg

Last edited:

Beckler

Enlightened
I find in general websites don't have good pictures of their products, and/or some ridiculous way of viewing them. Just show us proper, large images in a normal window. Also forget about all the flash stuff, IMO; it only works if it's well-done, which is practically never. The worst is camera makers who don't have good images...ahh the irony. :D