D25C Clicky switch falls apart when I open to load battery

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first EagleTac. A D25C Clicky. When I unscrewed the tailcap to insert a battery, the components of the clicky switch fell out. The disc with the spring attached and the metal washer. I was not expecting this.

I gathered the parts, put the battery in, replaced the washer and held the disc in place while I screwed the tailcap back on. Was quite a pain as the disc just rests on top of the tailcap opening. The light works, but what about that clicky?

Is this normal for the D25C Clicky? The user's manual doesn't say anything about holding parts together when installing a battery.

Thanks.

RobME

Newly Enlightened
Good that you were able to put it all back together. (Lol)... You unscrewed the wrong end (I've read about this happening to someone else, anyway... not to digress). Next time, unscrew the head for the battery change, not the bezel... but the section below that (located immediately above the logo). :)

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'm looking at the instruction manual right now and it says, "1) Unscrew the tailcap and insert new batteries with positive terminals facing the front. Replace tailcap and tighten snugly." I read that quickly and so removed the tailcap.

But now, when I look underneath the text, at the image shown, it does show the D25A/D25C light taken apart with the head separate. The image below it for the D25C2/D25LC2/D25A2 shows the tailcap separate.

That's what I get for just reading the instructions and not verifying it with the image.

Now I know. And I didn't break anything. Thank you!

Verndog

Enlightened
As you found out EagleTac manuals leave much to be desired, and they don't seem to care to update them even after issues are pointed out to them. I've found several "known errors" in mine, and also just plain missing information. Here is a big one for those that hate strobe. After you go through the modes 2x it will hit strobe, but... (not in the manual), you can hold 2 sec. half press to reset back to low and avoid the tackticool modes. :thumbsup:

In case you couldn't tell...I hate strobe.