HDS Clicky mod question

Fate0n3

Newly Enlightened
I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I recently picked up an HDS Clicky 120. Not really the light I wanted but with the huge delays figure get this and give HDS a try why I wait for them to catch up. Anyways on to my point, I am wanting to see if you guys could point me in the direction for mods for this light. I would like to know if I can make the light brighter I have read that they limit the light output so that the light meets there minimum run time. Also is there anything I need to look at replacing? I would like to maybe do an LED swap also. Thank you everyone for any help or info I have tried searching and didn't come up with much info. Thank you again

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
L d swap is about what you can do, besides a few custom bezel options floating around here and there.
Nichia 219 high cri is probably slightly more efficient than the osram gd currently in the light but will give you a much broader less throwy beam. It will be neutral white and have a high color rendering index though so things will look very very natural.

Xpg2 will give you decent throw (probably about as much as with the osram gd but with a much wider more useful beam). More efficient thanthe previous generation xpg. I currently have an xpg2 r5 3d in mine. Very nice creamy white llight on high. Becomes slightly golden tinted on lower outputs. Decent tint both indoors and out.

I previously had an xpe r2 (5000k white) which threw better than the stocm osram gd but tinted very blue at low oitput level. I may swap to an xpe2 r3 in the near future if decent tints become more available.

If you can open up the hole in the reflector to fit the dome you can also use the cree xml which will give you the most output and the lest throw. Wont appear as bright a hotspot but will give wide illumination outside.

Fate0n3

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for all the info the XP-G2 is what I was originally looking at but there is not much info out there about modding these lights. How does regulation work with different leds? I will say my main focus on doing this to get more lumens I would like 170-200. But like I said I have read they regulate the lights so the light hits the minimum run time is there any truth to that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2