Nitecore EA4 Problems, fit and finish, flaws (take your poll here:)

What problem or issue with your EA4?

• Fit and finish

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Rattle

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Tint

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

Newuser01

Enlightened
This main thread will be updated with detailed info of problems, fit and finish , tint issue, rattles, etc

Background: I have read a few post around with people having problems with their EA4 but overwhelmingly the light itself is received very positively.

I received my CW edition from another user (CPFM). The lights performance blew me away. It is brighter than most P60 drop-in's (most of mine are driven at 2.8 or below).
A Fenix tk15, JB RRT2 Raptor, C8 (all my former throw kings 1 cells) are left in the dust!
The tint is Great and there is no rattle for my sample. The light itself is built really really well except one issue.

Bezel is crooked! :shakehead

One side of the bezel is sticking out and the other - in! I'm sure I may be in minority here but its really bugging me.
I will be keeping the light despite the fault.

So take the poll, post what issues you have found if any and post some pictures , be it beam shots, or the problem with it.

Thanks for visiting.
Regards.
Newuser01

===========Issues compiled will be posted below=========

1. Crooked bezel. ======> [8]
2. Rattle============> [8]
3. Bad tint ==========> [0]
4. Other issues =======> [3] bad battery meter. Multiple problems.

And finally !!!! Drum roll.............. Flawless. [23]
Verndog, Billspider, digger, markr6, MIKES250R, xpitxbullx, Flight_Deck..ETC....

Totalled to post # 65.

Last edited:

ericb445

Newly Enlightened
Mine rattles but has never bothered me. It works great. I am a little concerned about the half press to come out of the lock out.

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened
I'm being picky here, so let me say first that there is no way I am parting with my EA4W. It's great.

Picky 1: Yes, it rattles a little if I shake it. I'm very sensitive to rattles*, but this is not enough to concern me. No worries.

Picky 2: The silver bezel is not flush to the flashlight body. There is a small gap, just enough to snick a finger nail in, all the way around. It is certain to get full of crap and I'm just a little bothered that it might let water in... probably not as I certainly can't make it any tighter by hand and I guess it presses against the sealing rim inside. But still, it well get full of mud, sweat, grease, blood...

I still love it!

*I've taped batteries up to stop them rattling for donkey's years. I once had a rattle in my car, near the dash. I spent days hunting for the cause, and eventually sat in the car for several hours poking and prodding things. Eventually I found the culprit. It was the little sprung fibre bit in a cassette tape, the bit that presses the tape against the head. It was slightly loose and made a gentle tinkling sound when shaken. Barely audible yet it had been driving me bonkers!

chenko

Enlightened
I'm being picky here, so let me say first that there is no way I am parting with my EA4W. It's great.

Picky 1: Yes, it rattles a little if I shake it. I'm very sensitive to rattles*, but this is not enough to concern me. No worries.

Picky 2: The silver bezel is not flush to the flashlight body. There is a small gap, just enough to snick a finger nail in, all the way around. It is certain to get full of crap and I'm just a little bothered that it might let water in... probably not as I certainly can't make it any tighter by hand and I guess it presses against the sealing rim inside. But still, it well get full of mud, sweat, grease, blood...

I still love it!

Same here. And same love sentiment :)

MIKES250R

Enlightened
Zero rattles and zero complaints. I love my cool white version. The tint is very natural and it is very bright.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if it does rattle, probably doesnt rattle any more noisier than the TK35 Gen 1 switch rattle! Can't always be perfect.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice not so little light.

Mine rattles as well and has the crooked bezel that didn´t srew completely onto the body. Doesn´t bother me though. What bothers me is the locator beacon. The blu flash of the switch button is so dimm, it´s basicly useless unless you are facing it directly - and you still can´t be too far away from the light.

Eric

Tulip bush

Enlightened

I still love it!

*I've taped batteries up to stop them rattling for donkey's years. I once had a rattle in my car, near the dash. I spent days hunting for the cause, and eventually sat in the car for several hours poking and prodding things. Eventually I found the culprit. It was the little sprung fibre bit in a cassette tape, the bit that presses the tape against the head. It was slightly loose and made a gentle tinkling sound when shaken. Barely audible yet it had been driving me bonkers!

Thanks for making my day! Too funny

ezarc

Newly Enlightened

Bezel isn't flush.
It rattles.
The tint is green around the hotspot then fades to light purple.
There are artefacts (dark spots) in my hotspot.

Its going back for exchange.

mitchmcgee

Newly Enlightened
NW EA4

Rattles
Bezel not flush
Purple tint

I honestly thought I would buy 10 of these. One for each car and one for each kid. Glad I bought a single sample first.

Maybe Nitecore will release an EA8 that has these issues fixes...

Newuser01

Enlightened
Bezel isn't flush.
It rattles.

First off, Welcome to CPF and hope that you enjoy stay with us!
And I'm sorry to hear about multiple problems with your light and your dealer sort it out for you quick and painlessly.
NW EA4
Rattles
Bezel not flush
Purple tint
Wow....!! R U returning for exchange also? Sorry to hear about it.
Thank everyone for stopping by !! keep them coming.
Regards.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bezel isn't flush.
It rattles.

Not to defend nitecore but there is a reason why there is a seemingly light purple color towards the ends of the hotspots, this is due to the dual AR (anti-reflective) coating on the lens of the light and its not a defect. To check this, with the light off, look at the lens under a light source, you will see it to be a bit purple. This is that coating they apply. This coating prevents the reflection of the light back into the reflector/flashlight head in order to maximize light output. As for the artifacts, did you check the lens for any dirt or substances?

As for the other issues, well, that's a Nitecore QC concern.... oh well, cant always be perfect.

Welcome to CPF btw and thanks for sharing your experience!