New to the flashlight world

cenedar

Newly Enlightened
Also is there a brand of lithiums i should go with or doesnt really matter? I know not to mix them or even mix the charges.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Turbo X. It's just my opinion, but the 4Sevens are just too green. The G5 is also too ringy. Those are both old 2011 models. There is a bunch of brand new models that are far better, that just came out.

I recommend no matter what light you get, start with:
Intellicharger i4 - $25 shipped
2 x Eagletac 3400mAh 18650 - $35 shipped

If you aren't going to use a holster, then a good clip is essential.
How about the new Eagletac TX25C2 - $85 shipped.
The Nitecore EC25 and MT26 is good too, but bad clips.
They can easily pop off and poke somebody's eye out!

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Also is there a brand of lithiums i should go with or doesnt really matter? I know not to mix them or even mix the charges.

Seems the lights you are considering also take 18650 batteries. If you are open to just 2 cr123 batteries, then you might add the surefire lx2 and surefire fury to your list of consideration. Also, id you are ok with a bit more of a floody beam you might also look at the zebralight sc600 that is due for a refresh at 900 lumens and a new design. I understand these lights are above the range you are wanting to spend, but would like to submit them for review. The surefires have lifetime warranties and they can be had for a decent price if you shop around. Good luck on your decision. You might check out going gear.com for some flashlight video comparisons of many lights to give you an idea of what they can do.

tonkem

Enlightened

For 123 batteries, I use surefire, but others have their own opinions of which is best. As for the 18650 batteries, aw or eagletac are fine choices. I own eagletac in my zebralights and no issues with them.