Stinger vs 6P

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Is the Stinger as bright as the 6P? A gun shop local to me has one. Are they a reliable flashlight? If so, I might get it for my home flashlight and keep the 6P in my car.

Thanks

Bill

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say it is a bit brighter and would cost much less in the long run, it is however also larger.
smile.gif

arioch

Enlightened
5.0Trunk:

I have a 6P, Polystinger, and StingerXT ... the 6P is brighter than either the Poly or the XT. The 6P beam is also whiter,IMHO.

That being said, the Poly and XT are both very good, reliable lights. Beams are plenty bright, charging system is well designed, and bodies are tough and resistant to abuse.

I also had the chance to use the original Stinger before I sold it to a colleague ... same praises for it.

The only thing I would consider a drawback is that the Stingers' beam is not nearly as "flawless" as the Surefires'. Otherwise, I heartily recommend the Stinger line.
grin.gif

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by arioch:
The only thing I would consider a drawback is that the Stingers' beam is not nearly as "flawless" as the Surefires'. Otherwise, I heartily recommend the Stinger line.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I always thought so too, and it always kept me from buying one. But, a few months ago SL changed the reflector to a textured type, very similar to the Scorpion. The improvement in beam quality was substantial, and as a result I now own an XT - and am pleased as punch.

arioch

Enlightened
TheMechanic:

The Stingers I own are all of the older variety. You say that the new textured reflectors create beams similar to the Scorpion. How does the beam shape compare with an Ultrastinger? Or a Surefire 6P? Might consider a new Stinger purchase if the improvement is significant enough.
smile.gif

Latest posts