Dust Inside LED Compartment of Fenix TK41

george.trio

Newly Enlightened
I have recently purchased a Fenix TK41, and I have noticed that are a few specs of dust that have collected in the interior of the LED compartment. I usually store my TK41 in the plastic case that came with the flashlight, so it troubles me to see that there is dust accumulating inside the sealed LED compartment. You can see an example of the spec in the image below. It doesn't hinder the performance of the flashlight, it is more of a nuisance. And I am also aware that the flashlight assembly is sealed and is recommended not to tamper with it. My question is if anyone else is seeing any problems like this with their TK41s, and if anyone knows a way to prevent further accumulation of dust inside the LED compartment?

IMG_0243_zps4815225c.jpg

Yamabushi

Enlightened
There is no way that dust can enter a TK41 while it is closed up. The dust you see must have been introduced during production. If it was not visible at first, it may have been stuck in a corner and become dislodged.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Mine has a slight imperfection in the reflector, nothing to worry about. Can't remember any dust. Only thing that annoys me is the battery tube rattles around like a pea in jam jar .

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I have a few TK41s and 1 of them are just like yours. Don't worry about it. Use it like a light and you are good.

_Event_Horizon_

Newly Enlightened
I heard if you run a magnet across the outside of the lens, it'll magnetize the dust particles and make them magnetically charged and stick to the edge where lens and reflector meet. Practically invisible now when you look into it.