Eagletac G25C2 v Eagletac M3C4 XM-L. Anyone have both?

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
Much as I love my M3C4, being a flashaholic I have to have a change every so often.

Has anyone compared or owned these two lights that can confirm I'm doing the right thing selling the M3C4 to fund the purchase of the G25C2?

Gotta say I like the side by side batteries on the M3, it makes for a comfortable torch to use. I've got many 18650 batteries so suggestions around the $100 - $150 welcomed.

aau007

Enlightened
The M3C4, if you have the single XML version is a throw light. I don't think the ET is in the same league. Get both? Sure. Replacement? I don't think so.

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
The M3C4, if you have the single XML version is a throw light. I don't think the ET is in the same league. Get both? Sure. Replacement? I don't think so.

ET? They're both Eagletacs. The M3C4 throws nicely with enough spill to be useful (I don't find pencil beams too helpful).

But the G25C2 looks to have a deep, but narrower reflector, yet also throw a good amount of lux. I realise the narrower reflector will compromise the beam a bit, but OTF lumens are around the same.

aau007

Enlightened
Sorry, I was referring to the G25C2. BTW, are you talking about the G25C2 MKII that doess 800+ Ansi Lumens? Still two very different lights IMO. If you don't need/want the throw of the m3c4 but rather have more spill from the g25c2/mkii, then yes.

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I was referring to the G25C2. BTW, are you talking about the G25C2 MKII that doess 800+ Ansi Lumens? Still two very different lights IMO. If you don't need/want the throw of the m3c4 but rather have more spill from the g25c2/mkii, then yes.

Yep, it's the MKII I'm looking at. I wish Eagletac would stop with all the numbers.

I need to do some more googling I think. The M3C4 is a good thrower. I was hoping the G25C2 MkII would be comparable despite the smaller head. I also like the flip over diffuser and battery extensions. But I do want throw, it helps my see the dog across the fields at night.

Your feedback is appreciated fella, thanks :)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like throw, then stick with your M3C4 XM-L T6. The throw on the G25C2 MkII is not very good in comparison. If you would like more output and throw, then buy the new head of the M3C4 XM-L U2. It throws much better due to a new driver combined with the U2. The output is also better.

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
If you like throw, then stick with your M3C4 XM-L T6. The throw on the G25C2 MkII is not very good in comparison. If you would like more output and throw, then buy the new head of the M3C4 XM-L U2. It throws much better due to a new driver combined with the U2. The output is also better.

That, my man, is some spot on advice. Was just about to pull the trigger on a TN31 which is way oversized for my needs.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
That, my man, is some spot on advice. Was just about to pull the trigger on a TN31 which is way oversized for my needs.

I am glad it was of some help. I try to select the best light for the individual rather than impose my own bias. I also recently helped a friend who wanted to buy the Thrunite TN31 for first light. I suggested that it would be too big for he's needs and let him borrow the TN31, Xeno G42 XM-L and Eagletac D25LC2 XP-G2. After playing around with them for 2 weeks, he bought a Eagletac D25LC2 XP-G2 and never really used the TN31.

chenko

Enlightened
I have both and like both a lot, but they are very different lights that cover different needs.

G25C2 is a pocket rocket that can blast quite far and has a great UI both for general and tactical use. It is a good winter-time EDC and a great all-around lighting too.
M3C4 is a not-so-pocketable-but-still-compact cannon that throws like crazy, has a great straight-forward UI and is an ideal search-light kind of flashlight.

I personally think they are the best in their categories, which is quite a statement I know.

Which one do you need the most? Could you afford to buy both and enough batteries to fuel them?

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
I have all 3 Eagletac lights and ordered the head from Christina at Eagletac. She very helpful and friendly.

+1. Order direct. It will cost me $90 plus $20 to ship to the UK.

Chenko. I'm still using my Zebralight SC600W as an EDC, but if the cash becomes available I shall buy the whole G25 kit. I think the price is excellent for what you get, my collection needs one ;)

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
A cheaper alternative is the Xeno F42 XM-L U2, it throws further than the G25C2, well regulated and cheaper. Just a thought. It also fits all the larger size 18650 cells.

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
A cheaper alternative is the Xeno F42 XM-L U2, it throws further than the G25C2, well regulated and cheaper. Just a thought. It also fits all the larger size 18650 cells.

Googled. Nice, but quite heavy.

You realise I'm trying some damage limitation here ;) :D