Nitecore MH1A 1st thoughts

icharry

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everyone who answered some of my other posts / questions...

I ended up buying the MH1A. It just arrived and so far it is pretty impressive. Easily lights up the tree in the across the street neighbors backyard !!! I swapped out the 14500 battery and put a AA in it and it is MUCH dimmer - but at least I know I can always find a battery. 14500 battery is back in place.

BUT there are a few bad things I've already noticed. It is VERY easy (in fact it is easier) to turn the tail cap rather than the head. This means that is it easier to disengage the battery than it is to enter the user select mode. With my old Quark this was never an issue. Seems like a bit of a design flaw, but maybe its user error... I hope I get used to it.

Also the clip fits well to hold the light lens side down, but when I put it on lens side up (aka for attaching to baseball cap) it makes the above problem even worse AND it makes unlocking the micro USB slot harder. In pulling the clip back off I've already bent it and scratched the housing. I don't mind the scratches, but it is a bummer that the clip has lost some spring. Will have to bend it back into place.

Last thing is that although it does tail-stand... it is just barely. If Nitecore had put a small 3rd nub it would be MUCH more stable and still allow easy access to the on/off switch - even with gloves.

I'll add more once I've played more.

sbbsga

Enlightened
BUT there are a few bad things I've already noticed. It is VERY easy (in fact it is easier) to turn the tail cap rather than the head. This means that is it easier to disengage the battery than it is to enter the user select mode.

I faced that problem once, I just tightened the tail cap a little more than usual. I hope that will solve it for you.

Sent using Tapatalk HD.