• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn- Milky modded surefire kl-4 head " CriBaby"

Jaq

Newly Enlightened
Up for sale is a Milky modded surefire e-series KL-4 head, with a Nichia 219 emitter. The mod is called a "CriBaby",
The tale of the tape, " Nichia NVSL219AT-H1-SW-SW45B10L Nuwaiq3cut Acorn 1.3 fw:Daffy- use 1x li-ion or 2x primaries". The head has the normal array of Milky modes.

Asking $205, shipped DC conus. PayPal preferred

Head only, first to post, "I'll take it" gets it

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
Re: FS Milky modded surefire kl-4 head " CriBaby"

Is this for just the head or entire light?

samuraishot

Enlightened

Just head

Thank you for clarifying :) Do you have any info on the Daffy firmware? I tried searching, but no informative results came up.

Jaq

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for clarifying :) Do you have any info on the Daffy firmware? I tried searching, but no informative results came up.

This build has the standard milky firmware, with four modes with four different sets of levels. First level starts at low to high, second is high to low, the third is memory and the fourth is a hybrid hds. The individual four levels are around 300, 100, 50 and 1 lumen. These are approximate lumen levels based on the "creemater" levels. As I recall, Milky calls the levels, tactical, theater, memory and the last is the "daffy" part which is a HDS hybrid.
I hope this better clarifies the driver. It's late

samuraishot

Enlightened

This build has the standard milky firmware, with four modes with four different sets of levels. First level starts at low to high, second is high to low, the third is memory and the fourth is a hybrid hds. The individual four levels are around 300, 100, 50 and 1 lumen. These are approximate lumen levels based on the "creemater" levels. As I recall, Milky calls the levels, tactical, theater, memory and the last is the "daffy" part which is a HDS hybrid.
I hope this better clarifies the driver. It's late

Thank you for the info on the driver. I'll have to research regarding daffy being an HDS hybrid and what that means. I also apologize for asking my questions late at night, I just got home from a long drive and the caffeine is keeping me up. There's another member who's is looking for a Creemator. Since this is similar to a Creemator, I'll give him a heads up for you.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

The HDS hybrid mode works almost like the HDS UI. Two taps toggles between medium and high. Three taps goes to low. Three taps and hold the last tap goes to max output.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Unbelievable ... more milky mods ... one after another, Jaq :D

Very nice! If OP doesn't mind, I'll link up the info on the "Daffy" UI in a bit (just have to do a quick search).

Good luck with your sale (since I've run out of $) :)
-----------------
EDIT - here's that link (the UI might vary from this a bit, but it should be fairly similar, at the least) ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...samer-Review&p=2944024&viewfull=1#post2944024

I think the "Daffy" part adds the "HDS-like" additional mode :thinking:

... found another link for another similar UI (it is a later revision though, with some different features), here -

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...-Milkysplit-Surefire-LX2-Elendill-with-SST-50

The first link is "Califon" and the second is "Elm" ... I don't think I've ever seen a schematic posted for "Daffy" :eek:

Last edited:

Jaq

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Socom and Don for further clarifying the Daffy UI. I mistakenly assume everyone understands Milky's UI which is one of the reasons that I have Milky mod some many lights.

Unbelievable ... more milky mods ... one after another, Jaq :D

Yes, several years of collecting and commishening Milky builds has landed me with a shelf covered with lights that I can't possibly ever use. So, cleaning up a bit.

samuraishot

Enlightened

Thank you, Jaq, socom, and archimedes! I have an Expurgator from Milky, which is based off of the Creemator, so I'm pretty familiar with the modes. Finally, I understand what Daffy is. It's mentioned quite a few times in other threads, but never really explained. Anyway, Jaq, your price is more than fair for a Milky modded head, so this should go quite soon :)

archimedes

Flashaholic

The milky UI is super-useful, but a flowchart is necessary to really understand how to get the most out of it ... :thumbsup:

Jaq

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Don for all the research.