Are 4 X 123 Lights in the Future?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I purchase a SL TL-3 I'd like to know that a new "super" 12 volt xenon isn't about to hit the market. A 4 X 123 cell, side by side (like PT 40, Stealth, PP 4AA) might be a good size/shape/balance/brightness combination.

My search didn't find this info. Shall we petition a manufacturer to develop this flamethrower?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only 123 light X 4 I know of on the market is the SF M4 Devastator. At that cost, why not just upgrade to a SF M6...

From what I have read, the TL-3 xenon is a great light in terms of throw and brightness. Maybe a bit too large for EDC, but good to have in the car or around the house.

There are modded Maglites to take 4 CR123's and a WA bulb.

Jason

gadgetboy

Newly Enlightened
Jayflash, botach has a chart that lists the lumen output of the TL-3 at 200 lumens for an hour. I can't verify that, but if it's even close to true then you're already getting almost the same amount of light output as the SF M4 with the mn60 lamp - which is a 4x123 light. let us know. this might be one of my next purchases.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input, everyone. I can envision an oval head to match the 2x2 battery configuration and a wide lamp with a long filament to complement the oval reflector. This "fantasy flashlight" would have a blinding hot-spot with good side-spill. Guess I'll end up with a more conventional SL-TL3 or the Pila. It's fun to dream, however.