Learned my first lesson......

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifLearned an important lesson this morning....I've been EDCing my new E2e-HA for about a week now next to my wallet. This morning I found out the importance of locking out the tailcap when I nearly caught my *** on fire while driving down the road..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Do I really have to mention how stupid I felt? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

<Edit> I'm just glad I was alone in the car....would have been an interesting thing to try to explain to a passenger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAHAHAHAHA!

that is funny!

time to get some Nomex undies (yes, they are available)!

Bob

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
*lol* sorry..
i could just envision you driving down the road, then the lightbulb that popped up and burst above your head when you realized your *** was cooking..

if it makes you feel any better i just blinded myself with my SL Luxeon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

P.S. did you have to pull over or did you handle it on the fly? *lol*

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Matteblack
Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
We're /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif because we've done it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
They can get really HOT before you notice it if they're in a holster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an X5T in my back pocket, no chance of it twisting on by accident.

I had a micro-illuminator click on in my pocket once. That thing got WARM!!! (believe it or not)

Jon

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I changed my Madmax minim*g from an outtie RAM, to an innie RAM because I started to find it on while in my truck.

It doesn't get THAT hot though, it's more of a battery killing issue!

I picked up a Garrity (Ozark Trail) 2AA today to Pirate the switch from for my G2. The Kroll clickie is just TOO DAMN sensative!!! This may get me to add it to my EDC rotation.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF indeed -- that's something that many members here have done, myself included!

Thank God fot the LOTC !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
I did a simular "DOOHHH!" I was useing my 6-p with a P61 lamp (befor having a smaller EDC) and I needed my hands free so I stuck it in my front pocket lens down. I of course forgot it was on although I am sure passers by could see the glow in my pants from the moon. Well my name isn't Chester but after a few min. my chesnuts were roasting, and I was doing the hot potato dance in front of about 20 people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened
I fell asleep on a scorpion(flashlight of course) and sleep like a log, but I woke up on fire. I edc a 6P next to my wallet and seem to have more problems with it unloosening than anything else.
imgadgetman