RofisLight        
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1717

Thread: You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

Default Re: You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

When you're watching a "film" specifically made for Adults, and there's a scene where one of the "actors" is searching a darkened building with a flashlight....

Yeah, you start trying to I.D. the flashlight. Even though you know there's no way you'd be able to post your discovery on that one thread about flashlights in movies or TV shows.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    When you're watching a "film" specifically made for Adults, and there's a scene where one of the "actors" is searching a darkened building with a flashlight....

Yeah, you start trying to I.D. the flashlight. Even though you know there's no way you'd be able to post your discovery on that one thread about flashlights in movies or TV shows.
    .... and it drives you crazy because every actor you've ever seen searching a darkened building is always using a flashlight with the narrowest beam you've ever seen.

HEY POLICEMAN! DON'T YOU THINK A FLASHLIGHT WITH SOME FLOOD WOULD BE USEFUL!!???

~ Chance Who Hates That!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

When you concentrate on the beam pattern in a movie scene, rather than the movie.

Congrats C.G.!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Friends ask to borrow a light on a trip and you think... thats too expensive... as is that... that one is not for a non flashaholic... those two I want to use... ok got one for you!

When you concentrate on the beam pattern in a movie scene, rather than the movie.

Congrats C.G.!
    I did that yesterday with Ant man. His beam was not floodly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    Friends ask to borrow a light on a trip and you think... thats too expensive... as is that... that one is not for a non flashaholic... those two I want to use... ok got one for you!
    Experienced that very thing myself. In a similar vein......

When you specifically buy a cheap light and carry it to use as the one that gets loaned out to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    I did that yesterday with Ant man. His beam was not floodly enough.
    Hollywood used to do a better job getting the details right.

Hollywood used to do a better job getting the details right.
    I think it has more to do with creating suspense and providing dark areas for bad guys to appear from than equipping actors with proper lighting tools.

~ CG
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I think it has more to do with creating suspense and providing dark areas for bad guys to appear from than equipping actors with proper lighting tools.

~ CG
    That's an excellent point. (Still annoying though when it's done in a scene.)

Yeah, I always joke that there wouldn't be much of a movie if the actors had flashlights I typically carry, haha. There would be a lot less suspense that way and they'd be a lot safer too.

You know you're a flashaholic when you have perfectly adequate outdoor lighting at your house but you only turn it on for others and instead rely on your EDC when you go outside.

When you read this thread to see how many other "normal" people like us there are...
    John 3:16

It's the one that stay silent that you need to worry about. Sleepers.
    P

.... you refer to your flashlights as My Precious.

I don't do that, but if you do, you should realize that you're a flashaholic.

~ Chance

You have to decide which light to use for basic tasks.... brightness, hcri, titanium, aluminum, Natural Ha or Black

When you haven't been here for a while because you have been spending your $$$ on another hobby/passion/habit, but when you take a trip to see your family in Dallas and realize that you did a rather odd thing...you took only 1 flashlight, and that weirds you out enough that you come to CPF to confess!
    So what light is that at the end of the tunnel?
    Tex.Proud on IG
    KG5TNK

Quote Originally Posted by tex.proud View Post
    When you haven't been here for a while because you have been spending your $$$ on another hobby/passion/habit, but when you take a trip to see your family in Dallas and realize that you did a rather odd thing...you took only 1 flashlight, and that weirds you out enough that you come to CPF to confess!
    Start two new threads and all will be forgiven. Oh yeah, and charge yer batteries.

~ Chance

Flashaholic*

When you buy a updated version of a light you already own "just because".

(Guilty:I ordered a new 2018 Black Diamond Storm 350 lumen-and I already own the older 100 lumen version).

Amazon is a evil enabler...they were selling it on sale for $36.95 shipped-Thank you Amazon Prime.

When you buy the exact same version of a discontinued light just so you have a backup if your favorite light ever dies. I just found a Fenix TK09 2015 edition online and bought it for that reason. It has my personal all-time favorite UI, exactly the order I like the modes to be, and I love the number of modes. I don't even mind that it doesn't have a moonlight mode. No strobe getting in my way, and its highest mode is bright enough for most things and doesn't step down until the battery dies.

The funny thing is that I didn't even know I'd love it so much. I won it in a contest/raffle once and it very quickly grew on me. Too bad I don't like the new version or any of the other new TK lights from Fenix as much since they don't have the same features. It would be nice to get one just a little brighter with more runtime and an updated emitter. Ah well. I'm pretty darn happy with it the way it is.

It is bad when you didnít actually even realise your addiction - you bought 5 or more expensive flash lights over time, and someone one day innocently asks you to explain your behaviour - much to your embarrassment!

..... you spend over an hour reading each and every PM before deleting it, ....... just to make sure you don't need it anymore.

~ Chance

Default Re: You Just Know You're A Flashaholic When......

I know that feeling!
    Seems a bit rude to delete something that someone's gone to the trouble of sending.
    P

Default Re: You Just Know You're A Flashaholic When......

I may qualify.

I havenít bought a higher end light in 18 years. Between 2000-2002 I spent thousands on various lights. (Thanks to this forum!) The family and friends all got upgraded, as did the local police department. Rechargeable CR123ís were only available from a small shop in Hong Kong. Running those on select emitters got 120-130 lumens, which was amazing. Yes, the tint was bluer than blue, and you could toast marshmallows on it after a couple minutes. The amazing thing is most of those Surefire/Aleph/McGizmo mods are still being used. They got lost, not broken. Or permanently borrowed

Itís actually been a few years since I myself have carried a decent light, other than a 10.00 Maglite solitaire. Just out of curiosity, decided to check out this forum again. It was great to see McGizmoís still around, and the progress in technology and tints.

So thereís an 119 AA Haiku headed my way. That in itself doesnít really qualify as flashaholism. But maybe considering a Tana triple while itís still in the mail.........

.... you refer to your flashlights as My Precious.

I don't do that, but if you do, you should realize that you're a flashaholic.

~ Chance
    Hmmm...Chance, you sure you donít do that...seems we may have gotten a sneak peek into your psyche...lol...just sayiní

Quote Originally Posted by egginator1 View Post
    Hmmm...Chance, you sure you donít do that...seems we may have gotten a sneak peek into your psyche...lol...just sayiní
    Well, that's a hell of a thing to post.......

~ Chance

..... you spend over an hour reading each and every PM before deleting it, ....... just to make sure you don't need it anymore.

~ Chance
    Wait!....... You delete PMs?? (Hmm.... might have to look into that one day.)

Wait!....... You delete PMs?? (Hmm.... might have to look into that one day.)
    Yes, I had to. We lowly level 1 guys have 50 less that you upper-level 2 guys. It's kinda like not having stars upon thars.

~ Chance

I'm so sorry. Must admit, the stars really do bring out the quality of my fur. Hold on a sec....

Okay, I've got a bottle of Parker Quink Permanent Green ink and a small paint-brush. Now just hold still....

Uh oh, I hope C.G. isnít ticklish!!

Yeah, hope that's not an issue.

When you see this and think "hmmmmm, what if?"
    John 3:16

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747505152535455565758 LastLast